Manager, Finance Business Partner
Manager, Finance Business Partner
Are you ready to apply your financial and analytical skills in a dynamic environment? Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to be a strategic business advisor to executive leaders? If so, Deloitte could be the place for you!
Join our team of experienced financial professionals who support financial planning and analysis for the Finance Business Partners (FBP) in a fast-paced business climate. If you are seeking a role that offers you the opportunity to develop personally and professionally, consider a career with the Risk and Financial Advisory FBP at Deloitte.
The team and the role
The Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) organization supports our business, market and enabling area leaders by providing world class financial support. FP&A is made up of advisors who are influential in decision-making and partner with finance leaders to drive meaningful strategic and financial outcomes.
Within FP&A, the FBP organization works with business leaders to translate strategy into actionable plans, leverage in-depth analysis to provide the story behind the numbers and respond to business changes with agility. The FBP Manager role primarily supports the Advisory Commercial Operating Units (OUs) from a finance perspective under the guidance of the OU Finance Business Partner Senior Manager but will also have opportunities to support and be engaged in analysis and projects across Advisory as needed. Specific responsibilities and qualifications for this role are outlined below.
Work you’ll do
- Develop plans, forecasts, budgets, and perform analysis to support Risk and Financial Advisory leadership with major business decisions and in overall financial health
- Assess and identify need for bill and cost rate changes based on leadership input, market conditions, historical performance, expected plan targets, etc.
- Review firm economic models and external research to assess potential impacts on future organizational performance
- Leverage data analytics to identify and prioritize business challenges, risks, and opportunities
- Analyze financials to explain drivers of performance and communicate insights to Finance and/or business leaders and support the development of financial goals Synthesize, interpret, and challenge data to develop meaningful insights that inform recommendations
- Manage the implementation of changes to management reporting within FBP
- Drive FP&A and broader Finance & Administration (FA) internal change programs focused on driving efficiencies and effectiveness
- Develop timelines, milestones, and metrics to effectively plan and execute projects; collaborate cross-functionally with firm leadership, Business leadership, FP&A teams (e.g., Finance Business Partners), and additional teams (e.g., Talent, Strategy) and inform stakeholders of project progress
- Advise on key messaging and presentation content to communicate the intended story and achieve business outcomes; Collaborate closely with stakeholders and senior leadership
- Provide actionable recommendations to senior leadership and support the decision-making process
- Provide leadership, mentorship, and guidance to staff to support professional development and advancement towards career goals
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related subject
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant Finance experience
- Demonstrated accomplishments in the following areas:
- Financial reporting and analysis
- Planning and forecasting
- Project management
- Data analysis, management, and visualization
- Strategy development
- Quality and risk management
- Business and process improvement
- Develop action plans
- Advanced in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams)
- Advanced education degree
- Experience in a professional services firm
- Work with senior leadership
- Understanding of data visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI)
- Advanced knowledge of financial systems (SAP, Anaplan)
- Ability to travel as needed
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $88,600 - $163,100
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.