Software Engineer, Manager
Deloitte Tax LLP seeks a Software Engineer, Manager in McLean, VA.
Work You’ll Do
Responsible for design, analysis, development, implementation, and deployment of new data driven applications, and providing support for existing systems. Lead a team of developers to deliver end-to-end web solutions for moderate to complex projects in a fast-paced environment. Supervise and mentor Senior and Staff team members. Develop and maintain the software framework and services using the .NET framework and Microsoft technologies. Interact with business analyst/client(s) to understand business problems being addressed. Review project requirements and estimate the necessary time-to-completion. Create unit test plans and scenarios for development unit testing. Carry out code reviews and unit testing of new development. Document new developments, procedures or test plans as needed. Interact with other development teams in an effort to ensure a consistent, uniform approach to software development. Follow software development best practices to maximize the predictability and success of projects. Prepare technical design documents using enterprise standard documentation tools. Deploy all integration artifacts to testing and production environments.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Information Systems, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Three years as a Software Engineer, Manager or related occupation gaining application and enterprise software design and development experience.
Experience must include three years of:
- Designing, developing, and maintaining both Web and Windows applications;
- Architecting and leading on-premise to cloud migration and performing code reviews;
- Developing, maintaining, and reviewing business logic written in SQL;
- Designing, architecting, and developing applications using Cloud services;
- Utilizing C# and Python to lead engineering teams on rearchitecting and building application programming interfaces (APIs) for Cloud platforms;
- Utilizing C# and SQL to build and maintain Web API;
- Utilizing C#, Python, .NET, Spring, PowerShell, Shell, Ansible, Packer, and Terraform to build, deploy, and maintain systems to process and monitor device logs;
- Utilizing .NET technologies, including C#, to perform object oriented or multithreading programming;
- Working with system architects and business analysts to understand business requirements and solutions architecture; and
- Interacting directly with senior management of the internal team to discuss issue resolution and continuity, and mentoring and coaching junior team members.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.