Tax Senior - Business Tax Services - Federal/Corporate Tax
Are you a strategic and creative federal tax professional who likes solving complex federal tax issues across multiple jurisdictions and countries? Do phrases like “accounting for income taxes,” “tax advisory,” and “tax controversy” pique your interest? Do you enjoy providing federal tax compliance and consulting services to large global and dynamic midsize clients across a variety of industries? If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, you should consider a career in Deloitte’s Business Tax Services (Federal tax) practice!
What You’ll Do
As a Tax Senior Consultant within the Business Tax Services group, you will be a valuable member of tax engagement teams, providing and assisting with a variety of tax services that are relevant for public and private companies, including tax compliance, tax planning, tax controversy, and tax research.
Responsibilities Will Include:
- Performing a detailed technical review of partnership, corporate, and individual federal tax returns and reviewing all related work papers.
- Coordinating with client’s tax and finance departments on tax planning and compliance data gathering.
- Performing detailed review of income tax provisions in accordance with ASC 740.
- Researching federal tax legislation to assist in understanding the impact on compliance and consulting.
- Assisting with various tax consulting projects including research and writing projects related to federal tax planning, restructuring, controversy, and accounting for income taxes.
- Assisting with engagement workflow management and supervising tax consultants and interns on assigned engagements.
At Deloitte Tax LLP, our Business Tax Services team is a dynamic team with professionals of varying backgrounds and provides expertise to clients to gain a competitive advantage by integrating tax strategy into their business operations while working within the confines of their individual risk profiles. Business Tax subject matter experts and industry specialists provide services and solutions relevant to our client’s business. Our team will assist with global tax challenges and transform the tax department to create greater impact and efficiency within our client’s organization. Our spectrum of business tax services is relevant for public and private companies and range from tax planning to tax compliance, controversy and risk management, specialized services including research and development, government incentives, and tax management consulting. Join us, and help clients optimize their tax functions and take strategy to the next level. Learn more about Deloitte Business Tax Services.
- Ability to perform job responsibilities within a hybrid work model that requires US Tax professionals to co-locate in person 2 – 3 days per week
- 3+ years’ experience in federal taxation including the preparation and review of federal tax returns for corporations, partnerships, and individuals
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- One of the following accreditations obtained, in process, or willing and able to obtain:
- Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office if eligible to sit for the CPA
- If not CPA eligible:
- Licensed Attorney
- Enrolled Agent
- Chartered Financial Advisor (CFA)
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- Ability to travel up to 25%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax, JD, and/or LLM
- Experience working in a virtual and/or global environment
- Passion for leveraging technology and exploring new technology solutions
- Experience with accounting for income taxes in accordance to ASC740
- Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience
- Supervisory experience
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $63,420 to $126,620.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.