Sustainability, Climate, and Equity Sales Executive - State and Local
Deloitte Consulting is seeking a top-performing, Sales Executive to expand our client base across our Consulting Sustainability, Climate, and Equity services. This individual will help enable our clients to maximize the application of federal funding from Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA) and Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) within State and Local organizations. Candidates should understand the emerging landscape of funding opportunities for states created by passage of IIJA and IRA and how these and state-level climate commitments directly and indirectly drive market opportunities for data and analytics solutions. Applicants should have quality professional relationships within relevant agencies, e.g., state Energy Offices, utility regulatory commissions, Governor Offices, and an extensive network of relevant professionals in the public and private sectors.
Our Sustainability Capabilities will help clients address several key challenges that they face today, including:
- Charting & achieving a path to net zero
- Enabling sustainable supply chains
- Automating ESG reporting, including controls & auditability
- Managing physical and transitional risks
- Activating equity, including Diversity, Inclusion, and Impact sourcing
Work you’ll do
The State and Local Sustainability, Climate, and Equity Sales Executive is a multi-dimensional strategic leader with expertise at the intersection of climate, technology, and public sector program development. This leader has experience across the United States and understands the technical and organizational complexities of implementing state and local climate action plans that effectively use public investment, the private sector, and make progress toward climate goals, while also accomplishing important equity and economic development objectives. This practitioner will be responsible for:
- Driving market growth within the State and Local Sector focusing on the Western region, leveraging their expertise and relationships to secure new clients, expand current client engagements, and bring innovative ideas to market specifically around IRA.
- Focusing this growth on the following primary accounts: California, Colorado, and Washington State
- Maintaining a robust, trusted network across the public sector sustainability, climate, and equity community and leveraging these executive level relationships to introduce Deloitte LLP, and create and pursue selling opportunities
- Developing relationships and collaborate with Deloitte leadership to formulate and execute on a go-to-market strategy
- Delivering accurate and timely customer, pipeline, and forecast data working with Sales Operations team
- Overseeing internal sales activities to ensure consistent approach to marketplace across geography and industry groups
- Managing proposal development and make live oral presentations that win new business
- Representing Deloitte by spending time on client site, and at conferences
- Working with our technology sales teams to embed sustainability services in digital transformations
- Positioning Deloitte’s proprietary platform, assets and ecosystem partners to help in their continuous innovation efforts, improve operational efficiency, lower the client’s risk to adoption, and allow business to scale when outcomes are proven
- Supporting and/or developing direct marketing campaigns
- Assisting account teams to qualify and win opportunities
- Valuing teamwork, fostering relationships, and developing consensus
The successful candidate will possess:
- Expertise in market trends in climate action planning and data access implementation
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and political mechanisms across local, state, and federal levels
- Significant business relationships with senior client executives
- Ability to work as a team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to turn an understanding of deeply technical information into actionable strategies
- Strong presentation skills and experience with proposal orals
- An ability to gain access and influence decision-makers at the highest levels in client organizations
- Self-starter able to independently leverage experience and existing relationships to drive new market growth
The Government and Public Services (GPS) Sustainability, Climate & Equity (Sustainability) Strategic Growth Offering (SGO), is a cross business (Consulting and Advisory) team that contributes to the largest single investment in the history of the Firm. We are rapidly growing and require outstanding, innovative, and engaging professionals to join our team. The Sustainability team is privileged to be working on one of the most pressing and topical business and societal issues of our time. Through our services, we help our clients understand, engage with, and act on their sustainability-related risks and opportunities.
The Sales Center of Excellence (COE) supports Deloitte’s businesses in uncovering, nurturing, and closing sales opportunities. Working together with Partners, Principals, and Managing Directors, these Sales Executives focus their highly skilled efforts in securing relationships with qualified targets and decision makers to uncover opportunities, develop effective sales strategies, manage the pursuit process, and act as a key advisor to the pursuit team throughout the sales process.
Recruiting for this role ends on 4/1/24 date.
- 10+ years of prior success as a business development manager and/or sales professional, with 5+ years of experience in information technology/systems and 2+ years of experience selling or delivering Sustainability, Climate, & Equity services or solutions
- Successful track record of sales, selling sustainability-related products and services
- Primarily located in the Western region with a willingness to travel up to 80%
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Experience collaborating with environmental advocacy groups or industry trade associations (e.g., NASEO, ACEEE, AASHTO, SEPA, etc.)
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $137,400.00-$282,100.00. You may also be eligible to participate in a sales incentive program, whereby you may be eligible to receive certain incentive compensation amounts based on achievement of certain sales goals set forth each year, subject to the terms and conditions of any applicable program document.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.