Audit & Assurance Collective Teams Assistant (Full Time) - Summer/Fall 2024, Winter 2025
Are you looking to build a career as unique as you? Do you have an interest in data analytics? Do you want to work collaboratively with a team of professionals across technical areas and industries to see a range of audit and assurance clients ─ without the extensive demands of travel? Are you looking to begin working for an external audit and assurance service firm with the opportunity for career advancement and developmental growth?
If so, consider an opportunity to provide exceptional client service to a variety of audit and assurance clients from small, fast-growing clients to large, public entities. As a full-time Audit & Assurance (A&A) Collective Teams Assistant, you will gain experience working across clients in a variety of industries and business models executing audit procedures, addressing the risks they face, and assessing their internal control processes. Through this cross-skilling experience, you will gather the skills and capabilities necessary to be successful today and in the future. At Deloitte, our culture is built on inclusion, collaboration, high performance, and opportunity.
Work you will perform
As an A&A Collective Teams Assistant, you will work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. The role includes working independently, as well as collaborating with a diverse group of talented audit and assurance professionals and Deloitte leaders.
You will be exposed to a multitude of clients and industries, to understand their business, the risks they face, their accounting and reporting processes, and their internal controls—enabling you to make meaningful contributions across Deloitte’s suite of audit and assurance services. With a focus on quality, innovation, delivery, and execution, your responsibilities will include:
- Auditing client financial statements, transactions, and internal controls over financial reporting
- Assisting in providing advisory and assurance services for clients
- Performing data interrogation and analysis of client data
- Assisting in identifying and recommending solutions to client processes
- Leveraging innovative tools and technologies, including implementation of Deloitte Way Workflows (standardization of auditing methods and techniques)
- Developing the industry and technical proficiency needed to deliver exceptional client service, while bringing value added insights and driving high quality
- Manage time, prioritize tasks, and work on multiple assignments or engagements at the same time
- Demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills necessary for collaborating with teams, in-person and virtually
- Demonstrate an understanding of broad business and technical accounting & auditing
As a part of A&A Collective Teams, you will join a collaborative team culture with limited travel and a predictable work schedule. Teams are comprised of professionals with technical and/or operational expertise whose primary responsibilities are executing high-quality audits and exceptional client service.
Audit & Assurance professionals in Collective Teams will serve a portfolio of engagements, providing increased knowledge sharing and collection of best practices to be leveraged by engagement teams, resulting in deeper insights to our clients while maintaining high audit quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related business field
- Ability to travel on an exception-basis (up to 10%)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Strong academic record, minimum GPA of 3.0
- Relevant work experience (i.e., internships, summer positions, school jobs in business or accounting)
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.