Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) Senior Engineer - Onsite - Aurora, CO (Top Secret Required)
Are you looking to elevate your cyber career? Your technical skills? Your opportunity for growth? Deloitte’s Government and Public Services Cyber Practice (GPS Cyber Practice) is the place for you! Our GPS Cyber Practice helps organizations create a cyber minded culture and become stronger, faster, and more innovative. You will become part of a team that advises, implements, and manages solutions across five verticals: Strategy, Defense and Response; Identity; Infrastructure; Data; and Application Security. Our dynamic team offers opportunities to work with cutting-edge cyber security tools and grow both vertically and horizontally at an accelerated rate. Join our cyber team and elevate your career.
We require a seasoned Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) SME with a desire to actively defend the mission systems critical to our national defense.
As a Mid-engineer the candidate will work with other engineers to apply expertise on multiple complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
Recruiting for this role ends on March 31, 2024.
Work you’ll do:
- Operate with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems.
- Contribute to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
- Consult on IT and cyber defensive architecture and technologies.
- Assess assigned cyber key terrain to thoroughly understand the mission, architecture and associated threat.
- Advise on technical design and implementation of DCO capabilities required to effectively protect, detect and respond to cyber threats and attacks.
- Research cyber defense technologies for best fit based on mission, architecture and current threat.
- Design, implement, configure and/or tune cyber defensive technology.
- Author documentation to include SOPs, checklists, implementation guides, architecture diagrams, crew binders, etc. to support DCO.
- Adapt technologies to meet the mission architecture and threat.
Deloitte’s Government and Public Services (GPS) practice - our people, ideas, technology and outcomes—is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of more than 15,000 professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise
At Deloitte, we believe cyber is about starting things—not stopping them—and enabling the freedom to create a more secure future. Cyber Infrastructure is focused on rethinking how security is integrated across modernized infrastructure as cyber threats become more complex. If you’re seeking a career implementing, architecting, and—in select cases—handling next generation controls to manage security risks and exposure, then the Cyber Infrastructure team at Deloitte is for you.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Active Top Secret security clearance required
- Experience using cyber reconnaissance to support a federal client
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure
- Experience utilizing software asset management
- Must have or willing to obtain IAT III Certification (such as CASP+ CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP, GCED, GCIH) within 30 days.
- 5+ years of technical experience in cyber-defense or cyber security related fields such as engineering, networking, systems integration or cyber security
- 5+ years of professional technical experience with a combination of at least 2 of the following areas:
- Experience with container or virtual environments leveraging Docker, Kubernetes, VMware or AWS
- Experience with in-band and out-of-band test access points for network traffic collection and aggregation
- Experience using Linux operating systems such as Red Hat or Kali
- Prior professional services or federal consulting experience
- Previous Security Operations Center experience
- Experience in mobile and endpoint security
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and delivery model. We would not anticipate that the individual hired into this role would land at or near the top end of the range, but such a decision will be dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the range is $92k - $154k. You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.