Financial Management Consultant with TS/SCI Poly
Join our team and begin tackling critical issues at all levels of government in a team-focused environment with an emphasis on personal and professional growth. Now more than ever, organizations need support to address pressing needs in accounting, budgeting/forecasting, financial reporting, assurance, and internal controls. Accounting & Internal Controls (A&IC) is well-positioned to help our clients address their most urgent finance transformation needs. If you are interested in helping organizations effectively manage financial risks, then our team would be a great fit for you!
Work you’ll do
- Support client audit readiness efforts in accordance with GAAP and FASAB
- Draft accounting research papers, standard operating procedures, and flowcharts
- Design and implement technical solutions to improve financial management activities
- Work with clients to identify financial control issues and gaps
- Assist with accounting and financial reporting operations
- Participate in and/or lead the development of deliverable content that meets the needs of the client and contract
- Review deliverables for accuracy and quality
- Provides coaching to junior staff
Deloitte’s Government and Public Services (GPS) practice – our people, ideas, technology and outcomes—is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
Our team provides resources to help clients manage their core accounting and financial reporting functions , as well as solutions to help them achieve their controls and finance transformation aspirations. Our professionals keep up with emerging regulatory guidance along with industry and business trends to assist financial organizations. We develop solutions to data complexities to help our clients achieve optimal finance transformation and meet their digital controllership goals and objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Information Technology/Systems, Business, Finance or another Business-related field
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Must hold an active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- 8 years of experience improving government accounting and internal control processes
- Consulting experience in any of the following areas: business process improvement, financial management policies and procedures, financial system integrations, etc.
- Knowledge of Financial Improvement and Audit Remediation (FIAR), Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 or OMB Circular A-123 documentation testing and reporting requirements
- Experience mentoring and coaching junior staff
- Certifications including CPA, CDFM, CGFM, CFA, CIA
#DS&J Intelligence CommunityRecruiting tips
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.