DWS - Regional Finance Analyst - Senior Analyst
Today, markets face a whole new set of pressures – but also a whole lot of opportunity too. Opportunity to innovate differently. Opportunity to invest responsibly. And opportunity to make change.
Join us at DWS, and you can be part of an industry-leading firm with a global presence. You can lead ambitious opportunities and shape the future of investing. You can support our clients, local communities, and the environment.
We’re looking for creative thinkers and innovators to join us as the world continues to transform. As whole markets change, one thing remains clear; our people always work together to capture the opportunities of tomorrow. That’s why we are ‘Investors for a new now’.
As investors on behalf of our clients, it is our role to find investment solutions. Ensuring the best possible foundation for our clients’ financial future. And in return, we’ll give you the support and platform to develop new skills, make an impact and work alongside some of the industry’s greatest thought leaders. This is your chance to achieve your goals and lead an extraordinary career.
This is your chance to invest in your future.
Read more about DWS and who we are here.
Team / division overview
The DWS Regional Finance team ensures all transactions are correctly accounted for and provides a golden source of financial information data set upon which all internal and external reporting is based. For this role, you will be supporting the team in performing validation and control function as well as Head Office and Management reporting, including ad hoc reporting and requests. You will also support the Asset Management business. It is critical in ensuring that the sub-ledger systems and subsequent reporting platforms are accurate, complete and timely released through performance of reasonableness check, trending analysis, exception management and understanding of control environment. You can expect a structured training process from our knowledge experts. Our team of experts will be there to support your development to ensure you excel in this role
As our Regional Finance Analyst, you will:
- Prepare and submit of Head Office requirements.
- Analyse financial statement items for MECC, Flash and Items of Focus (IoF) reporting.
- Prepare management reports such as board pack (including commentaries) and cost reporting.
- Primary account owner of balance sheet items of DWS APAC entity assigned, and ensuring proper reconciliation and substantiation.
- Prepare bank reconciliation for DWS entities bank accounts.
- Prepare annual statutory accounts, respond to PBC items and update the financial statements and disclosures.
- Tax Compliance – calculate and book direct and indirect taxes as required by the entity.
- Prepare other regulatory requirements
- Work directly with DWS Entity CFO and Regional Finance Manager. Communication and interpersonal skills are desirable in order to succeed in the position.
- Handle ad hoc requests and stakeholder management/escalations
We are looking for a candidate with previous experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy, or its business related equivalent with Accounting courses
- With experience in accounting, audit, or finance gained from Financial Services, Audit or BPO industry would be beneficial
- Financial and Management reporting
- Combined analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of SAP system is an advantage; proficient in MS Excel
- Strong stakeholder management
- Team player who is collaborative yet able to work independently
What we’ll offer you:
At DWS we’re serious about diversity, equity and creating an inclusive culture where colleagues can be themselves and it’s important to us that you enjoy coming to work - feeling healthy, happy and rewarded. At DWS you’ll have access to a range of benefits including, but not limited, to the below:
- A hybrid working model, allowing for in-office / work from home flexibility, comprehensive leave policy, personal and volunteer days.
- Competitive compensation packages including health and wellbeing benefits.
- Access to best in class trainings, in role development and career progression opportunities.
If you require any adjustments or changes to be made to the interview process for any reason including, or related to a disability or long-term health condition, then please contact your recruiter and let them know what assistance you may need. Examples of adjustments include providing a change to the format of the interview, or providing assistance when at the DWS office. This will not affect your application and our recruitment team will discuss options with you.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Visit Inside Deutsche Bank to discover more about the culture of Deutsche Bank including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Leadership, Learning, Future of Work and more besides.