Controls Testing & Assurance, Anti-Financial Crime (AFC) Testing, Senior Tester
Job Title Controls Testing & Assurance, Anti-Financial Crime (AFC) Testing, Senior Tester
Corporate Title Vice President
Controls Testing & Assurance performs regulatory prescribed testing and assurance processes for and on behalf of the Bank’s Anti Financial Crime (AFC) Department and the Compliance Department. As part of the AFC Testing team, you will undertake risk-based testing of the design adequacy and operating effectiveness of the Bank’s controls to prevent, detect and / or mitigate AFC risks and adequacy of the control environment generally to manage AFC risks.
What we’ll offer you
A healthy, engaged and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That’s why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its centre.
We understand that employee expectations and preferences are changing. We have implemented a Hybrid Working Model that enables eligible employees to work remotely for a part of their working time and reach a working pattern that works for them.
You can expect:
- Competitive salary and non-contributory pension
- 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase additional days
- Life Assurance and Private Healthcare for you and your family
- A range of flexible benefits including Retail Discounts, a Bike4Work scheme and Gym benefits
- The opportunity to support a wide ranging CSR programme + 2 days’ volunteering leave per year
Your key responsibilities
- Executing feasibility and scoping of reviews, testing fieldwork, report findings and validate issue remediation
- Delivering quality outputs and own assigned tasks with a proactive approach
- Escalating issues with proposed solutions to the Regional Head in a timely fashion
- Deputising for the Regional Head as and when required
- Supporting the Regional Head with the supervision of more junior employees
- Coaching more junior employee to improve their skills
- Establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with staff (e.g. Business Line AFC, Divisional Control Officers) as required to drive the completion of testing activity
Your skills and experience
- Good understanding of financial crime risks
- Thorough understanding of testing requirements to assess the design and operating effectiveness of controls
- Excellent knowledge of products and services offered within an Investment Bank / Financial Markets environment.
- Performance and results oriented with strong attention to detail, able to deliver high quality results within tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills, including report writing skills
- Able to work independently with minimum direction
How we’ll support you
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
Deutsche Bank in the UK is proud to have been named a Times Top 50 Employer for Gender Equality for three consecutive years. Additionally, we have been awarded a Silver Award from Stonewall for two years running and named in their Top 100 Employers for 2023 for our work supporting LGBTQ+ inclusion.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Visit Inside Deutsche Bank to discover more about the culture of Deutsche Bank including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Leadership, Learning, Future of Work and more besides.