Service Management Analyst
Job Title - Associate - Production Support Engineer
Location - Pune
You will be operating within Corporate Bank Production as an Associate, Production Support Engineer in the Corporate Banking subdivisions. You will be accountable to drive a culture of proactive continual improvement into the Production environment through application, user request support, troubleshooting and resolving the errors in production environment. Automation of manual work, monitoring improvements and platform hygiene. Supporting the resolution of issues and conflicts and preparing reports and meetings. Candidate should have experience in all relevant tools used in the Service Operations environment and has specialist expertise in one or more technical domains and ensures that all associated Service Operations stakeholders are provided with an optimum level of service in line with Service Level Agreements (SLAs) / Operating Level Agreements (OLAs).
- Ensure all the BAU support queries from business are handled on priority and within agreed SLA and also to ensure all application stability issues are well taken care off.
- Support the resolution of incidents and problems within the team. Assist with the resolution of complex incidents. Ensure that the right problem-solving techniques and processes are applied
- Embrace a Continuous Service Improvement approach to resolve IT failings, drive efficiencies and remove repetition to streamline support activities, reduce risk, and improve system availability.
- Be responsible for your own engineering delivery plus, using data and analytics, drive a reduction in technical debt across the production environment with development and infrastructure teams.
- Act as a Production Engineering role model to enhance the technical capability of the Production Support teams to create a future operating model embedded with engineering culture.
What we’ll offer you
As part of our flexible scheme, here are just some of the benefits that you’ll enjoy
- Best in class leave policy
- Gender neutral parental leaves
- 100% reimbursement under childcare assistance benefit (gender neutral)
- Sponsorship for Industry relevant certifications and education
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family members
- Comprehensive Hospitalization Insurance for you and your dependents
- Accident and Term life Insurance
- Complementary Health screening for 35 yrs. and above
Your key responsibilities
- Lead by example to drive a culture of proactive continual improvement into the Production environment through automation of manual work, monitoring improvements and platform hygiene.
- Carry out technical analysis of the Production platform to identify and remediate performance and resiliency issues.
- Engage in the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) to enhance Production Standards and controls.
- Update the RUN Book and KEDB as & when required
- Participate in all BCP and component failure tests based on the run books
- Understand flow of data through the application infrastructure. It is critical to understand the dataflow to best provide operational support
- Event monitoring and management via a 24x7 workbench that is both monitoring and regularly probing the service environment and acting on instruction of the run book.
- Drive knowledge management across the supported applications and ensure full compliance
- Works with team members to identify areas of focus, where training may improve team performance, and improve incident resolution.
Your skills and experience
- Recent experience of applying technical solutions to improve the stability of production environments
- Good understanding of ITIL Service Management framework such as Incident, Problem, and Change processes.
- Ability to self-manage a book of work and ensure clear transparency on progress with clear, timely, communication of issues.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with attention to detail.
- Ability to work in Follow the Sun model, virtual teams and in matrix structure
- Service Operations experience within a global operations context
- 6-9 yrs experience in IT in large corporate environments, specifically in the area of controlled production environments or in Financial Services Technology in a client-facing function
- Global Transaction Banking Experience is a plus.
- Experience of end-to-end Level 2,3,4 management and good overview of Production/Operations Management overall
- Experience of run-book execution
- Experience of supporting complex application and infrastructure domains
- Good analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of incident tracking tools (i.e., Remedy, Heat etc.)
- Working experience of some of the following technology skills:
- Unix, Shell Scripting and/or Python
- SQL Stack
- Oracle 12c/19c - for pl/sql, familiarity with OEM tooling to review AWR reports and parameters
- ITIL v3 Certified (must)
- Control-M, CRON scheduling
- MQ- DBUS, IBM
- JAVA 8/OpenJDK 11 (at least) - for debugging
- Familiarity with Spring Boot framework
- Data Streaming – Kafka (Experience with Confluent flavor a plus) and ZooKeeper
- Hadoop framework
Configuration Mgmt Tooling:
- RHEL 7.x (preferred), RHEL6.x
- OpenShift (as we move towards Cloud computing and the fact that Fabric is dependent on OpenShift)
- Jenkins (preferred)
APM Tooling: either or one of
- Scheduling – Ctrl-M is a plus, Autosys, etc
- Search – Elastic Search and/or Solr+ is a plus
- Micro-services architecture
- Fundamental Network topology – TCP, LAN, VPN, GSLB, GTM, etc
- Familiarity with TDD and/or BDD
- Distributed systems
- Experience on cloud platforms such as Azure, GCP is a plus
- Familiarity with containerization/Kubernetes
- BitBucket and/or GIT
- SQL Plus
- Familiarity with simple Unix Tooling – putty, mPutty, exceed
- (PL/)SQL Developer
How we’ll support you
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
About us and our teams
Please visit our company website for further information:
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Visit Inside Deutsche Bank to discover more about the culture of Deutsche Bank including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Leadership, Learning, Future of Work and more besides.