Job Title: Full Stack AVP (Resume Your Resume)
Resume your Resume – Program description
Whether you’ve raised a family, set up your own business, or travelled the world - not everyone follows the same life and career trajectory. Our ‘Resume your Résumé’ India internships are designed to provide opportunities to professionals who are looking to return to work after an extended career break. Throughout the 3-month traineeship you will have the chance to refresh your skills, make new connections and potentially secure a full-time opportunity upon completing the programme. If you have a background in Finance, Operations, Risk or Technology, please apply here.
Enterprise Risk Technology (ERT) is the technology partner to the Risk divisions of Credit Risk, Market Risk and Non-Financial Risk. This includes definition of the IT strategy and provision of solutions to allow Risk to manage all aspects of risk from the analysis of counterparty credit risk to the protection of the Bank's infrastructure and information.
You will work as part of a cross-functional agile delivery team. You will bring an innovative approach to software development, focusing on using the latest technologies and practices, as part of a relentless focus on business value. You will be someone who sees engineering as team activity, with a predisposition to open code, open discussion and creating a supportive, collaborative environment. You will be ready to contribute to all stages of software delivery, from initial analysis right through to production support.
What we’ll offer you
Please be aware there are regional differences to DB benefits, and you will need to check the correct package per advert.
As part of our flexible scheme, here are just some of the benefits that you’ll enjoy
- Best in class leave policy
- Gender neutral parental leaves
- 100% reimbursement under child care assistance benefit (gender neutral)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Sponsorship for Industry relevant certifications and education
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family members
- Comprehensive Hospitalization Insurance for you and your dependents
- Accident and Term life Insurance
- Complementary Health screening for 35 yrs. and above
Responsible for developing, enhancing, modifying and/or maintaining applications in the Enterprise Risk Technology environment. Software developers design, code, test, debug and document programs as well as support activities for the corporate systems architecture. Employees work closely with business partners in defining requirements for system applications. Employees typically have in-depth knowledge of development tools and languages. Is clearly recognized as a content expert by peers. Individual contributor role. Typically requires 10-15 years of applicable experience.
- Responsible for developing software in Java, object-oriented database and grid using kubernetes & open shift platform.
- Responsible for building REST web services
- Responsible for designing interface between UI and REST service.
- Responsible for building data-grid centric UI.
- Participating fully in the development process through the entire software lifecycle.
- Participating fully in agile software development process
- Use BDD techniques, collaborating closely with users, analysts, developers and other testers. Make sure we are building the right thing.
- Write code and write it well. Be proud to call yourself a programmer. Use test driven development, write clean code and refactor constantly. Make sure we are building the thing right.
- Be ready to work on a range of technologies and components, including user interfaces, services and databases. Act as a generalizing specialist.
- Define and evolve the architecture of the components you are working on and contribute to architectural decisions at a department and bank-wide level.
- Ensure that the software you build is reliable and easy to support in production. Be prepared to take your turn on call providing 3rd line support when it’s needed
- Help your team to build, test and release software within short lead times and with minimum of waste. Work to develop and maintain a highly automated Continuous Delivery pipeline.
Help create a culture of learning and continuous improvement within your team and beyond
- Deep Knowledge of at least one modern programming language, along with understanding of both object oriented and functional programming. Ideally knowledge of Java and Scala.
- Practical experience of test driven development and constant refactoring in continuous integration environment.
- Experience or Exposure to Big Data Hadoop technologies / BI tools will be an added advantage
- Experience in Oracle PL/SQL programming is required
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Experience working in an agile team, practicing Scrum, Kanban or XP
- Experience of performing Functional Analysis is highly desirable
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Behavior Driven Development, particularly experience of how it can be used to define requirements in a collaborative manner to ensure the team builds the right thing and create a system of living documentation
- Good to have range of technologies that store, transport and manipulate data, for example: NoSQL, document databases, graph databases, Hadoop/HDFS, streaming and messaging
- Will be Added Advantage if candidate has exposure to Architecture and design approaches that support rapid, incremental and iterative delivery, such as Domain Driven Design, CQRS, Event Sourcing and micro services.
How we’ll support you
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
About us and our teams
Please visit our company website for further information:
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives.