Data Centre Services (DCS) is accountable for demonstrating both governance and control over the suppliers who run and manage Data Centres (DCs), Co-Locations (Co-Lo), Technology Equipment Rooms (TER) and Telecommunications Rooms (TR) across the organisation. This includes, but is not limited to, physical security, asset protection, deployment, capacity management and assurance.
Reporting to the Head of Data Centre Services, this role is responsible for the “design and implementation of Data Centre and Campus technology rooms” for the Deutsche Bank estate. This includes discovery, documentation of functional requirements, to translate into a solution design as per industry recognised standards and within Deutsche Bank policy and standards.
The role holder understand DB’s technology and will interface with other product managers, development, architect and operations leads, key customers and vendors, to drive solution design of the Data Centre and Campus estate, to meets Deutsche Bank business needs .
The Data Centre Lead Engineer will support the following activities:
- Responsible for determining a project’s scope prior any major work. They may conduct extra research on existing systems and configurations to determine whether added time and work is necessary to align the project with enterprise-level systems. They also identify areas where implementation may require more solutions to be successful. Throughout this process, the solution architect communicates directly with enterprise architects, and stakeholders.
- Provide current and future data centre architectural leadership efforts line with the Deutsche Bank Data Centre product strategy.
- Provide integration expertise, technical analysis and critical data analysis related to the overall system architecture.
- Partner with Service Owners to identify, evaluate and align existing or new products to service opportunities and to ensure the product supports the overall data centre service strategy and outcomes.
- Understand and articulate the financial impact and financial levers for design and implementation. Works with vendors on products, pricing and contracts.
- 7-10 years’ experience in supporting design and implementation Data Centre and technology Rooms, preferably with Banking & Finance experience.
- Demonstrates high subject matter expert experience in any or all of the following, Data Centre design and standards, mechanical & electrical design, cabling design, infrastructure install of compute, storage, network or cloud. Understanding of security and risk as applies to data centre security and disaster recovery design.
- Experience in the areas of requirements analysis, competitive analysis, pricing, implementation planning, financial planning and strategy.
Education / qualifications
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent and relevant practical experience.
Key Business Competencies
Proficiency Level (1 to 5)
Business Strategy 3
Change Leadership 4
Financial Management 3
Industry Knowledge 4
Managing Complexity 4
Risk Management 4
Operational Management 4
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives.