Group Head, North Asia
Group Head JOB PROFILE
Deutsche Bank’s International Private Bank (IPB) business is one of the largest wealth managers worldwide. We offer our clients a broad range of traditional and alternative investment solutions, as well as comprehensive advice on all aspects of Wealth Management. As a trusted partner of wealthy individuals and entrepreneurs, family offices and foundations, we create lasting value for clients. We specialize in developing bespoke solutions for our clients around the world, for instance wealth planning across successive generations and international borders, asset management with individual risk management, loans and deposits. All this is possible thanks to our global network, our many years of experience and our close collaboration with the Corporate Bank, Investment Bank and DWS. We aim to become a highly competitive global wealth manager by combining financial strength and stability with trustworthy partnership and forward-thinking in order to build sustainable and beneficial client relationships. As a growth business for Deutsche Bank, we contribute towards building a more balanced, less capital intense and stable business model for the bank.
The Group Head is responsible for managing a team of Relationship Managers and driving execution and delivery against growth targets. Group heads are integral to the success of business initiatives, as they are responsible for leading by example and setting clear expectations with all members of their team. Group heads should inspire motivation and steer performance in their teams, and foster adherence to the requirements of the Relationship Manager role such as the prospecting focus and partnership with Investment Managers, Product Specialists, Compliance and other parts of the bank. Group heads are responsible for monitoring and analyzing individual and team performance, as well as developing improvement plans to help their team members deliver their targets. Group Heads should have their own client books (to be balanced against their managerial responsibilities) and remain responsible for delivering against their own set targets.
Corporate Title: Managing Director
Functional Title: Group Head, North Asia
CANDIDATE PROFILE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Strategy and Franchise Development
- Develop the growth strategy for the North Asia team, ensuring prospecting co-ordination, cultivating centers of influence, etc. to enable and focus Relationship Manager activity
- Work in close co-operation with Investment Management and Product team heads to define ways to deliver against business targets
- Drive team’s collaboration and effective coordination with Investment Managers to deliver high quality services to clients
- Lead and manage people decisions and drive change initiatives to ensure people performance is aligned with the organization imperatives and needs
- Develop and deliver succession plans, talent management approaches and hiring plans
- Drive hiring and development of talent in accordance with business needs and allocations
- Communicate KPIs clearly to staff and conduct periodic performance review to assess progress and agree on actions if necessary
- Drive “day-to-day” execution of sales operating rhythm and processes using a range of tools that support effective client planning, pipeline management, prospect / client interaction monitoring, sales initiatives follow-up etc.
- Encourage Relationship Managers to dedicate sufficient effort on winning new clients. Support by joining relationship manager call / meeting with clients if necessary
- Coach and support Relationship Managers in prospecting and management of their client books, and handling challenging client scenarios
- Create and foster a high performing team environment by sharing success stories and lessons learnt across teams encouraging performance tracking
- Lead by example and where necessary, address individual performance issues to drive improvement
- Grow business and profitability through careful pricing / discount management
- Adhere to strict cost management practices
Supervisory / Control
- Perform supervisory oversight in accordance to DB policies and guidelines and local regulatory requirement and ensure that expected Key Risk Indicators are met
- Foster a culture that is conducive to open communication and speak-up
- Ensure the servicing approach and product offering are aligned to WM’s business model and approved value proposition
- Deliver against individual responsibilities for their own client book, this includes, but not limited to:
- Acquire new clients / assets and develop / manage overall client relationship
- Act as the Accountable Client Owner with responsibility for all AML aspects of the client relationship; this includes KYC in good quality and in a timely manner (no overdues) as well as account behavior, i.e. transactions with focus on 3rd party transactions constituting transfers in and out to be in line with purpose and anticipated behavior of the account(s).
- Act within professional, legal and ethical boundaries and guidelines, observing all internal and external compliance regulations and code of ethics and conduct; flagging and managing reputational risks and conflicts issues
- Group/Team Head KPIs will include a blend of individual book and targets as well as team’s overall performance in revenue and NNA
DESIRED EXPERIENCE / ATTRIBUTES:
- Seasoned experience as a Team Manager and Relationship Manager in their career in North Asia market with PnL responsibilities
- Sales planning and business development experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Have a good understanding of the governing regulatory framework, including but not limited to applicable confidentiality / secrecy / data protection regulations and cross border rules where relevant
- Professional integrity
- Ability to inspire and instruct teams of senior and junior Relationship Managers
- Ability to manage resources and allocate them for most effective use
- Relevant local licenses and qualifications (where applicable)
- Processing of English written internal documents and day-to-day business execution in English is required hence written and spoken English required. As client coverage is North Asia focused ie.Chinese clients hence fluency (written and oral) in Chinese is required.
Deutsche Bank intends to hire a highly accomplished Group Heads and Team heads for Relationship Managers to manage sales execution and business growth in their teams
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives.