Job Title: Engineer- Associate
As a Associate Engineer for Technology in our Technology team, you will partner with business, technology managers to create Designs, solutions and strongly engineered applications. You’ll be an integral part of the bank’s technology infrastructure, guiding the Feature teams through the engineering practices and leading by example. You will enable the digital environment that helps our people share their knowledge, expertise, and real passion for our business. Deutsche Bank is investing heavily in technology, which means we are investing in you. Join us here, and you’ll constantly be looking ahead.
What we’ll offer you
As part of our flexible scheme, here are just some of the benefits that you’ll enjoy
- Best in class leave policy
- Gender neutral parental leaves
- 100% reimbursement under childcare assistance benefit (gender neutral)
- Sponsorship for Industry relevant certifications and education
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family members
- Comprehensive Hospitalization Insurance for you and your dependents
- Accident and Term life Insurance
- Complementary Health screening for 35 yrs. and above
Your key responsibilities:
- Accountable for feature teams in Trade Finance
- Passion to deliver state of the art solutions and be hand-on technologist.
- Lead a team of engineers and create high performing teams. Needs to be a high code committer.
- Aspirational in implementing leading technology advancements in the industry.
- Maintain hygiene, Risk and Control and Stability at to core to every delivery.
- Be a role model for the team.
- Look beyond and go the extra mile to add value to the technology organization beyond the functional role.
- Lead by example and have client centricity at the core.
Your skills and experience:
- 5 to 8 years of relevant experience
- A hands-on technologist with expertise in Java based technologies, Spring, Microservices architecture, CI/CD pipeline.
- Oracle SQL
- Ability to solve business problems with an acute engineering mindset.
- Strong analytical and Design skills
- Proficient communication skills. Proficient English language skills (written/verbal)
- Ability to work in virtual teams and in matrixed organizations.
- Keeps pace with technical innovation.
- UI Technologies: ReactJS (Optional)
- Java and J2EE Technologies: Spring MVC, JMS,
- Spring Batch, Oracle, Unix Command, CI/CD, GIT/SVN
- Junit/Mockito (Any Unit Test Frameworks)
- Sonar Qube/ Emma Code Coverage and Code quality tools
- Familiarity with build tools such as Ant, Maven, and Gradle. CI/CD experience with Jenkins, Teamcity
- Performance monitoring Tools like Java Heap Analyzer, Visual JVM, JMX Console
- Micro Services: Spring Boot, Spring Cloud
- Kubernetes, API Gateway, SSL, OATH, JWT, Spring JPA, Kafta
- Updated relevant skill certification.
- A Bachelors’ degree
- Passionate about technology and is a go-getter.
How we’ll support you
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
About us and our teams
Please visit our company website for further information:
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Visit Inside Deutsche Bank to discover more about the culture of Deutsche Bank including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Leadership, Learning, Future of Work and more besides.