Portfolio Manager - Asia Pacific Real Estate
Employer: DWS Group
Title: Portfolio Manager – Asia Pacific Real Estate
Job Code: #LI-ZL1 #LI-03
Today, markets face a whole new set of pressures – but also a whole lot of opportunity too. Opportunity to innovate differently. Opportunity to invest responsibly. And opportunity to make change.
Join us at DWS, and you can be part of an industry-leading firm with a global presence. You can lead ambitious opportunities and shape the future of investing. You can support our clients, local communities, and the environment.
We’re looking for creative thinkers and innovators to join us as the world continues to transform. As whole markets change, one thing remains clear; our people always work together to capture the opportunities of tomorrow. That’s why we are ‘Investors for a new now’.
As investors on behalf of our clients, it is our role to find investment solutions. Ensuring the best possible foundation for our clients’ financial future. And in return, we’ll give you the support and platform to develop new skills, make an impact and work alongside some of the industry’s greatest thought leaders. This is your chance to achieve your goals and lead an extraordinary career.
This is your chance to invest in your future.
Read more about DWS and who we are here
The role is an essential element of the fund management business for DWS. Portfolio management is a central function that provides the interface between our clients and the funds/assets we manage. The candidate will be responsible for key aspects of the real estate business, including performance measurement, fund administration and investor relations/client servicing.
The role will be based in Singapore working closely with the Lead Portfolio Manager to manage a market leading and scalable core product. As the Portfolio Manager for DWS’ Core Real Estate Fund in the Asia Pacific region, focus will be to work with the teams and build a balanced core portfolio across key markets in Asia. There may also be opportunities to work with Portfolio Managers for other managed assets.
We encourage a culture of teamwork within the real estate group and the portfolio management function is at the core of the business. The role will require regular interaction with investment, asset management, legal, finance and product management functions and will require a collaborative approach from the incumbent. Reporting to the Lead Portfolio Manager, the main responsibilities are set out below:
- Analytical analysis of portfolio metrics.
- Support for communications with investors and materials for fund-raising.
- Assistance on all aspects of fund management, including portfolio strategic allocation and tactical allocation, investor reporting and requests, annual asset strategic planning, portfolio valuations and all operational matters.
- Preparation of presentations to senior management and investors.
- Possible service as a director on holding company entities
We are looking for
- Holder of a bachelor’s degree in business administration/ Real Estate / Finance/ Accounting or equivalent;
- Worked in the in real estate acquisitions, asset management and fund management industry for at least 10 years.
- At least 6 years of relevant experiences in real estate portfolio management and investments including funding, structuring, and financing.
- Have worked in an APAC regional role (Singapore/ Hong Kong/Taiwan/ Korea/ Japan/ Australia/ China)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong Excel skills and is able to build complex financial models.
- Good understanding of all aspects of property investment, development and financing processes, including but not limited to market analysis, financial analysis including property valuation, capital markets, project budgeting and scheduling.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and abilities; demonstrating confidence in building and effectively maintaining positive relationships with co-workers.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Highly organized with good project management skills
- An ability to work closely with multiple stake holders in various parts of the world.
What we’ll offer you:
At DWS we’re serious about diversity, equity and creating an inclusive culture where colleagues can be themselves and it’s important to us that you enjoy coming to work - feeling healthy, happy and rewarded. At DWS you’ll have access to a range of benefits including, but not limited, to the below:
- A hybrid working model, allowing for in-office / work from home flexibility, comprehensive leave policy, personal and volunteer days
- Competitive compensation packages including health and wellbeing benefits
- Access to best in class trainings, in role development and career progression opportunities
If you require any adjustments or changes to be made to the interview process for any reason including, or related to a disability or long-term health condition, then please contact your recruiter and let them know what assistance you may need. Examples of adjustments include providing a change to the format of the interview, or providing assistance when at the DWS office. This will not affect your application and our recruitment team will discuss options with you
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Visit Inside Deutsche Bank to discover more about the culture of Deutsche Bank including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Leadership, Learning, Future of Work and more besides.