Job Title- Production Support Engineer
Location - Pune
Corporate Banking: This division consist of many domain and sub-domains like Trade management, Investor space, Trust and Agency of securities, client positions management, custodian business, Cash/wire payments (Both internal and external via Swift, crest, Mint etc ) , Channels space, messaging billing and Trade Finance and Lending area. Some of the areas and very demanding and critical to business and client deliverables. Subdomains also including transaction banking, NAV calculations corporate actions etc.
Corporate banking applications services the needs of business areas spread across all APAC, EMEA and US regions and production support Engineering team spread across globally.
You will be operating within Production services team of Trade Finance and Lending domain which is a subdivision of Corporate Bank as a Production Support Engineer. In this role, you will be accountable to drive a culture of proactive continual improvement into the Production environment through application support, user request support, troubleshooting and resolving the errors in production environment. Automation of manual work, monitoring improvements and platform hygiene. Supporting the resolution of issues and conflicts and preparing reports and meetings. You should have experience in all relevant ITSM tools used in the Service Operations environment and have specialist expertise in one or more technical domains and ensures that all associated Service Operations stakeholders are provided with an optimum level of service in line with Service Level Agreements (SLAs) / Operating Level Agreements (OLAs).
- Ensure all the BAU support queries from business are handled on priority and within agreed SLA and to ensure all application stability issues are well taken care off.
- Support the resolution of incidents and problems within the team. Assist with the resolution of complex incidents. Ensure that the right problem-solving techniques and processes are applied.
- Embrace a Continuous Service Improvement approach to resolve IT failings, drive efficiencies and remove repetition to streamline support activities, reduce risk, and improve system availability.
- Be responsible for your own engineering delivery and using data and analytics, drive a reduction in technical debt across the production environment with development and infrastructure teams.
- Act as a Production Engineering role model to enhance the technical capability of the Production Support teams to create a future operating model embedded with engineering culture.
What we’ll offer you
As part of our flexible scheme, here are just some of the benefits that you’ll enjoy
- Best in class leave policy
- Gender neutral parental leaves
- 100% reimbursement under childcare assistance benefit (gender neutral)
- Sponsorship for Industry relevant certifications and education
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family members
- Comprehensive Hospitalization Insurance for you and your dependents
- Accident and Term life Insurance
- Complementary Health screening for 35 yrs. and above
Your key responsibilities
- Provide hands on technical support for a suite of applications/platforms within Deutsche Bank during early APAC hours.
- Build up technical subject matter expertise on the applications/platforms being supported including business flows, the application architecture and the hardware configuration.
- Resolve service requests submitted by the application end users to the best of L2 ability and escalate any issues that cannot be resolved to L3.
- Conduct real time monitoring to ensure application SLAs are achieved and maximum application availability (up time).
- Assist in the process to approve all new releases and production configuration changes, keep stakeholders informed and conduct any release tasks assigned to support.
- Manage incidents through to resolution keeping all stakeholders abreast of the situation and working to minimize impact wherever possible.
- Conduct post-mortems of incidents and drive relevant feedback into Incident, Problem and Change management programs.
- Build and maintain effective and productive relationships with the stakeholders in business, development, infrastructure and third-party systems / data providers & vendors.
- Ensure all knowledge is documented and that support runbooks and knowledge articles are kept up to date.
- Approach support with a proactive attitude, working to improve the environment before issues occur.
- Weekend coverage may need to be provided on rotational basis.
- Lead by example to drive a culture of proactive continual improvement into the Production environment through automation of manual work, monitoring improvements and platform hygiene.
- Carry out technical analysis of the Production platform to identify and remediate performance and resiliency issues.
- Engage in the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) to enhance Production Standards and controls.
- Participate in all BCP and component failure tests based on the runbooks.
- Understand flow of data through the application infrastructure. It is critical to understand the dataflow to best provide operational support.
- Proactive event monitoring and ensuring the alerts/events are well handled by referring to runbook and taking initiative in creating new ones if required for the future reference.
- Drive knowledge management across the supported applications and ensure full compliance.
- Works with team members to identify areas of focus, where training may improve team performance, and improve incident resolution.
Your Skills and Experience:
- We're looking for a Technology / Engineering Graduate candidate with 10 - 14 years of experience in the financial industry, preferably Trade Finance and Lending product.
- Recent experience of applying technical solutions to improve the stability of production environments.
- Working experience of some of the following technology skills:
- Operating systems (e.g., UNIX, Windows) and the underlying infrastructure environments.
- Middleware (e.g., MQ, WebLogic, Tomcat, Jboss, Apache, Kafka and similar)
- Database environments (e.g., Oracle, MS-SQL, Sybase, No SQL, ClickHouse)
- Automation, monitoring and data analytics tools (e.g. Monitoring tool (Geneos/New relic) , scheduling tool (Control-M /Autosys), Ansible, App dynamics, Splunk and similar tools)
- Scripting languages (e.g., UNIX shell and PowerShell, Python, Github, Spring boot, JAVA/.NET and similar programming languages)
- Experience and good knowledge of GCP or equivalent cloud platform.
- Good understanding of ITIL Service Management framework such as Incident, Problem, and Change processes.
- Ability to self-manage a book of work and ensure clear transparency on progress with clear, timely, communication of issues.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with attention to detail.
- Ability to work in virtual teams and in matrix structures.
Experience | Exposure (Recommended):
- 10-14 years’ experience in IT in large corporate environments, specifically in controlled production environments or in Financial Services Technology in a client-facing function
- Service Operations, development experience within a global operations context
- Knowledge of Corporate Banking and Trade Finance and Lending as product would be additional.
- Experience of end-to-end Level 2,3 management and good overview of Production/Operations Management overall
- Experience of supporting complex application and infrastructure domains.
- Experience in DevOps/SRE and knowledge of DevOps and SRE concepts.
- Development experience in Ansible, Shell scripting or Python.
- Knowledge and experience on GCP or equivalent cloud platform.
- ITIL / best practice service context. ITIL foundation is plus.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience of working in an agile work culture.
- Experience of leading small feature/function teams.
Communication - Experienced
Financial Management – Basic/Advanced
Industry Knowledge - Experienced
Innovation - Experienced
Managing Complexity – Basic/Advance
Product Knowledge (internal & external) Basic/Advanced
Risk Management - Basic
Technical Competencies: Advance
Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery – Experienced
Operational Management – Experienced
Domain Knowledge: Knowledge of Trade Finance or Lending would be advantageous.
How we’ll support you
- Training and development to help you excel in your career.
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression.
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs.
About us and our teams
Please visit our company website for further information:
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Visit Inside Deutsche Bank to discover more about the culture of Deutsche Bank including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Leadership, Learning, Future of Work and more besides.