This position is a full-time, in-person, role in our Boston, MA office. An Executive Assistant with Eastdil Secured performs a broad variety of administrative tasks in a fast-paced work environment. This role provides administrative support to multiple senior level executives. Teamwork is integral to this role and the ability to work well with all levels of internal team members as well as outside clients and vendors is required.
Essential Functions & Day-to-Day Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to Managing Director(s) and deal team with complex needs, including a high volume of travel, itineraries and agendas and an extremely complex calendar of meetings
- Works closely with executives to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a “barometer”, having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the executives updated as needed
- Plan, coordinate and ensure meetings are scheduled, rescheduled, or prioritized based on business needs
- Provides “Gateway” role, communicating with broader team constantly to increase efficiency. Establish and implement team scheduling best practices for Managing Director(s) and deal team by leveraging ES software and applications.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks in addition to managing time and travel, including completing expense reports, composing, and preparing correspondence, processing charitable contribution requests, and managing client gifts and entertainment where group co-heads are leads, in accordance with gift and entertainment policies and procedures
- Leads the planning and execution process for small local events led by Managing Director(s) and deal team (closing dinners, small happy hours, golf outings, etc.)
- Completes personal requests as needed (personal travel, errands, etc.)
- Successfully completes all aspects of deliverables with a proactive, hands-on, solutions-oriented approach
- Provide occasional back-up support to other Executive Assistants, including supporting the transaction process
- Collaborate with business operations teams across multiple offices
- Support Facilities Manager (off-site) to ensure that Boston office is operating smoothly
- Conduct inventory assessment and complete weekly office supply and snack orders
- Maintain basic office equipment, resolving office-related malfunctions and responding to requests or issues
- Assist with food orders, luncheon planning, and planning of other business-related meetings and events as requested
- Manage logistics for in-office new hire onboarding (set up desks, phones, computers, etc.)
- Provide executive deal administrative support as needed to Managing Director(s) and deal team
- Support Managing Director(s) and deal team by managing and organizing internal database, assisting with deal marketing process, ensuring timely distribution of marketing materials, performing data reporting using Eastdil Secured proprietary applications, and coordinating with internal and external counsel as needed
- Proactively manage end-to-end deal administration process, including coordinating closing dinners, arranging event related items such promotional materials, wine distribution, etc.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred
- 5+ years of experience in a corporate environment working with senior-level executives
Experience, Skills and Competencies Required
- Very strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships across the broader team and the firm
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Emotional maturity
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to exercise discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Experience coordinating complex calendars & managing expenses for multiple team members
- Tech-savvy and excellent computer skills. Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), Microsoft TEAMS and Zoom.
- Apple device required for remote connectivity
- Concur expense management and travel booking experience a plus
- Occasionally move and transport boxes up to 25 pounds
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Eastdil Secured will not sponsor visas for these positions and will not hire individuals whose work eligibility is based on their F-1 or other student visa status. Candidates must be able to work in the United States on a permanent basis.