Executive Assistant, Finance
About General Atlantic
General Atlantic is a leading global growth investor with more than four decades of experience providing capital and strategic support for over 500 growth companies throughout its history. Established in 1980 to partner with visionary entrepreneurs and deliver lasting impact, the firm combines a collaborative global approach, sector specific expertise, a long-term investment horizon and a deep understanding of growth drivers to partner with great entrepreneurs and management teams to scale innovative businesses around the world. General Atlantic has approximately $83 billion in assets under management inclusive of all products as of December 31, 2023, and more than 280 investment professionals based in New York, Amsterdam, Beijing, Hong Kong, Jakarta, London, Mexico City, Miami, Mumbai, Munich, San Francisco, São Paulo, Shanghai, Singapore, Stamford and Tel Aviv. For more information on General Atlantic, please visit: www.generalatlantic.com.
General Atlantic is looking to hire an Executive Assistant for our Connecticut Office. The successful candidate will demonstrate sharp attention to detail, exceptionally strong time management, organization, and multi-tasking skills, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. In this role you will perform administrative duties for executive management, potentially supporting more than one Managing Director. You will be required to screen/answer calls, manage calendars, and utilize your critical thinking skills to make educated decisions. Additionally, you will team and collaborate with Executive Assistants across all departments at General Atlantic to ensure tasks are completed in an effective and timely manner.
- Provide white-glove support and service to help direct executive’s time and focus
- Maintain executive’s calendar by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel
- Arrange complex travel schedules for both air and ground travel through online portal
- Manage phone calls (including contacts), provide appropriate screening, and take messages as needed
- Reserve meeting rooms and offices for visiting executives
- Prepare DIDO (days in/days out) on monthly basis
- Maintain subscriptions (magazines, news, online)
- Complete expense reports by collecting all receipts, boarding passes, bills, hotel invoices, etc.
- Assist with light event planning, including attendance tracking, catering, and logistics
- Assist with specific personal tasks when asked to help facilitate the executive’s day to day (eg. restaurant reservations, tracking of insurance claims, etc.)
- 8-10+ years of EA experience supporting executive(s) in a professional services organization
- Experience in the Financial Services industry preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure and think critically while retaining accuracy
- Strong interpersonal skills, creativity, thoughtful business judgment and professional maturity
- High energy level, strong communication skills, intellectual curiosity
- Strong project management skills; ability to move tasks along and follow up is critical
- Desire to collaborate with colleagues throughout the firm globally
- Motivated, flexible, team-player spirit
General Atlantic offers a robust reward program to all employees that will support you and your family, maintaining fulfilling, secure and healthy lives now and into the future, which includes but is not limited to medical insurance, retirement savings contributions, mental and physical health resources and an equal pay program that allows you to earn a base salary of $90,000-130,000 USD of which the exact amount offered will be driven by the degree to which you meet role requirements, additional special skills and experience. Additional reward programs, such as annual discretionary bonuses and long-term incentive programs, are available for eligible employees and are offered as recognition for performance and one’s contributions towards the organization’s success.
General Atlantic is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
By completing this application, you are consenting to General Atlantic’s processing and use of your personal data. Information on how General Atlantic will use and process your data can be found here: https://www.generalatlantic.com/privacy-policy/