Manufacturing Data Analytics Lead
This position is considered hybrid with 40% expected travel needs.
GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.) NOW OR IN THE FUTURE.
General Motors is a dynamic and trailblazing automotive manufacturer at the forefront of data-driven decision-making. Our team drives innovation by using data to create tools that allow manufacturing teams to be more efficient and effective in building our customers world-class vehicles. We are seeking a talented and highly motivated Data Analytics Lead to join our team and spearhead our data analytics initiatives. If you’re passionate about transforming data into actionable insights and have a track record of delivering value through analytics, we want to hear from you.
- Up to 40% travel to manufacturing plants, learning what the users and business needs
- Develop and implement data analytics strategies that focus GM Manufacturing’s objectives and business needs
- Coordinate the collection and management of data from various sources (systems, PLCs, vehicles, etc.), ensuring data accuracy and integrity
- Develop predictive models, machine learning algorithms, and statistical analysis to extract valuable insights and support decision-making
- Lead the analysis of data to identify trends, patterns, and insights. Create insightful and actionable reports and visualizations to communicate findings to stake holders
- Ensure data governance and compliance with data production and government regulations
- Evaluate and select appropriate data analytics tools and technologies, and oversee their implementation
- Collaborate with teams across the organization, including IT, finance, engineering, aftersales, and operations to integrate data analytics into various business processes
- Stay updated with industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies in data analytics, and lead efforts to continuously improve data analysis processes
- Prepare presentations for various levels of leadership
- Monitor project progress and develop status reports, being able to identify issues and risks and escalate to leadership when necessary
Additional Job Description
Your Skills & Abilities (Required Qualifications)
- 5+ years of data analytics experience
- BA in analytics or related field
- Demonstrated data integration and business intelligence tools skills
- Demonstrated experience with databases
- Demonstrated understanding of data gathering, inspecting, cleansing, transforming, and modeling/diagramming techniques
What Will Give You A Competitive Edge (Preferred
- Familiarity with PowerBI
- Ability to mine data from disparate data sources
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.