Production Shift Leader
Additional Job Description
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the effective use of personnel, material, and equipment
- Participate in the selection of new employees and trains, develops and evaluates salaried and hourly employees, and the development of highly effective teams
- Leads Global Manufacturing Systems(GMS) processes across multiple departments and serves as lead resource supporting launch and pilot activities in assigned areas
- Meets or exceeds production cost schedule and maintains quality requirements
- Promote safe work practices and achieve objectives for ergonomics, health and safety and housekeeping. Motivates, trains and develops employees to effectively perform their jobs utilizing standardized methods
- Ensure team members receive adequate JIT (job instruction training)
- Achieve production schedules and product requirements by applying lean manufacturing/synchronous principles with emphasis on variation reduction, control costs, and achieve productivity improvements
- Coach, teach, counsel and mentor Group Leaders in these responsibilities.
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- At least 5 years of Manufacturing experience required
- 3+ years of proven leadership experience required
- Machining in Automotive Industry preferred
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.