In this role, you will manage the maintenance and repair of plant equipment and facilities aligned with standard GM maintenance systems in addition to the following responsibilities:
- Develop and execute an effective plan to monitor & track equipment downtime, MTTR, MCBF and lead process to improve performance.
- Analyze PT-PM&C and Maximo data to identify and lead TIP projects as well as participate in all department TIP meetings.
- Assist Maintenance Group Leaders in breakdowns requiring technical assistance and coordinate OEM support as needed.
- Support Maintenance department with PPS and develop SW to prevent problem reoccurrence.
- Coordinate planning and scheduling of maintenance activities to sustain efficiency within the plant, while optimizing plant equipment capabilities.
- Support Maintenance organization to maintain GMS BIQIV requirements.
- Communicate between shifts and departments to implement best practices, resolve problems and sustain consistent performance to objectives.
- Plan, coordinate and carryout predictive, preventative, corrective and project maintenance activities.
- Assist with repair planning of extended weekend and holiday shutdown periods.
- Support with vacation relief/backup of Group Leader activities as needed.
- Responsible for the effective use of personnel, material and equipment.
- Establishes a course of action to accomplish completion of the job and/or project. Has knowledge and ability to implement GMS principles.
Additional Job Description
- High level of analytical ability where problems are complex.
- Ability to interpret blueprints and engineering drawings.
- Self motivated - seek out and develop creative solutions to problems which negatively impact departmental productivity.
- Strong analytical problem solving ability with a serious desire to understand root cause analysis and irreversible corrective action.
- Knowledge of computer skills including Maximo 7.6, Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Power Bi and SAP.
- Demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related area required.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
- Strong GMS background with Problem Solving and developing Standardized Work.
- Previous experience in Maintenance and/or Manufacturing Engineering.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.