Senior Software Engineer - Java Developer - SDV
Hybrid: Position require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work off-site on a need basis.
Do you imagine a world of zero crashes, zero emissions and zero congestion? We do! To reach this bold goal we need to build a modern vehicle computing platform that is capable to integrate all the advanced features like active safety, driving assistance systems, infotainment, connectivity, and vehicle motion. This new platform Software Defined Vehicle (SDV) shall seamlessly connect in-vehicle computing controls with cloud and edge computing resources.
Our team is looking for a detailed and passionate Java Developer to join us in our mission! As a Java Developer in SDV, your responsibilities include understanding and implementation of the use cases, software design execution and software verification (unit testing/ software integration testing, etc.). This individual will develop vehicle abstraction layer and feature applications for Software Defined Vehicles (SDV). We particularly focus using modern software techniques to design optimized software in service-oriented architecture (SOA) based on model-based system design.
This includes the following:
- Design and Development of applications in Java/J2EE/AKKA/Spring boot/Azure cloud/Cosmos DB etc..
- Build software for Azure cloud and perform integration and verification testing with minimal direction of lead engineers.
- Design, develop and deploy microservices on Microsoft Azure kubernaties and cosmos DB
- Write Java applications using Spring Boot and related Java technologies. Generate various metrics for microservices using Spring Aspect Oriented Programming (AOP) and Spring Boot Actuator
- Apply Unified Modeling Language (UML) and facilitate Object Oriented (OO)/J2EE design, following standard methodologies and design patterns for application development
- Performs design and analysis on changes.
- Diagnose, Debug and resolve issues related to connectivity platform and software.
- Document requirements for design solutions and link them to test cases that can demonstrate software functionality
- Coordinate and collaborate with colleagues and departments outside engineering, such as IT, Systems & Safety Engineering and in-vehicle development teams
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related technical degree
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with demonstrated technical and professional skills in Java, Azure , Kotlin or related software design, development, and testing
- Experience designing and developing apps, services using one or more protocols
- Experience designing and developing applications using AKKA framework
- Excellent knowledge of Microservices/Event driven Architecture
- Knowledge in Big Data solutions like Cosmos and file storage solutions like Amazon object store
Additional Job Description
- Master’s degree in a related technical field
- Experience in cloud/Edge Hosting of services and Apps. Interoperability of Apps, services between cloud and Data centers
- Experience with cloud Development using Azure.
- Experience with GIT/source code management, CI/CD development, open source SW development/contributor
Bonus Potential: An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
Benefits: GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, employee assistance program, GM vehicle discounts and more.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.