DEI Partnerships Program Manager
This DEI Partnerships Program Manager oversees multiple external partnership portfolios that represent various underserved & disadvantaged communities. The goal is to ensure that each partnership and related engagement positions GM as an employer of choice and a DEI leader. This role develops, leads, and strengthens our relationships with non-profit advocacy organizations, while delivering specific business outcomes and goals that align with the DEI strategy. This role also interacts with an expansive ecosystem of internal stakeholders (e.g., ERG’s, dealer and supplier networks, communications, public policy, marketing) to drive specific initiatives that tie to business priorities.
This role is Hybrid and will require the individual to work partially from Detroit, Michigan.
- Utilize an objective evaluation process’ to assess, prioritize, execute, and measure the value of each partnership and related engagements/activities
- Exercise situational judgment and autonomy, in midst of ambiguity, to assess the business/social/political environment(s), multi-cultural nuances, and corporate priorities when determining the appropriate actions
- Research, evaluate, and onboard new partnerships based on business requests that allow us to deliver targeted outcomes such as professional development, talent attraction, industry benchmarking, and corporate ambassadorship
- Develop & execute robust project management and communication plans that will enable cross-functional participation at key partnership engagements/activities
- Manage the full commercial lifecycle of each partnership agreement including contract creation/negotiation/execution, eSAP vendor onboarding thru payment process, internal budget management process, and informative communication plans for each milestone
- Evaluate membership & sponsorship proposals to ensure good financial stewardship
- Develop effective workload management techniques that allow for multiple project/task execution without sacrificing work quality and timely completion
- Design and determine the most effective ways to measure progress, performance and alignment to overall strategy
- Maintains thorough understanding of current cultural trends, industry trends and current events within the DEI space and diverse communities; Communicates with stakeholders in a relevant matter that supports dialogue and understanding
- Communicate and share standardized processes and best practices with global DEI business counterparts
Must be able to demonstrate:
Relationship Management: Develops and maintains constructive and cooperative relationships with internal & external stakeholders
Customer Orientation: Prioritizes the needs of stakeholders and fosters custom relationships and experiences to ensure satisfaction with a partnership program, service, event, etc.
Strategic Planning: Takes an organizational strategy or priority and turns it into a realistic action plan to implement or execute
- Political Savvy
- Analytical Thinking
- Conflict Management
- Team Orientation
Additional Job Description
- Bachelor’s degree; preferably in human resource management, marketing, communications, business, or related field
- At least 5-7 years of demonstrated experience in building and implementing diversity initiatives, program management, community/partnership outreach or related field
- Brand and marketing experience
- Ability to develop and nurture diverse talent communities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills and experience
- Strong presentation and people skills
- Experiencing influencing and leading a team
- Ability to utilize metrics to demonstrate success in building /strengthening a company's employer branding proposition
- Ability to juggle multiple competing priorities, while remaining composed, thorough and detail orientated
- Ability to be agile and pivot at short notice
- Enthusiastic, proactive, solution orientated, creative and able to think and learn quickly
Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired.
GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.) NOW OR IN THE FUTURE.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.