District Manager, Onstar & Loyalty (Open)
Remote: This position does not require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis
The candidate needs to have the ability to travel overnight (up to 50%) Company Vehicle provided
About the Role:
The District Manager, OnStar & Loyalty (DMO) has the responsibility to engage our dealers through regular contacts and business reviews. As an DMO, you are the subject matter expert (trusted advisor), responsible for building relationships with our dealer partners, with a focus on promoting, supporting, and coaching dealer owners, managers, sales consultants, and service advisors on the benefit and long-term profitability of engaging in General Motors (GM) software and subscription business. This requires DMO’s to develop and provide in-dealership training designed to onboard customers within the new, used, commercial and service channels, driving the adoption and sales of our products and services, including, GM Rewards and the My GM Rewards Credit Card, OnStar safety services, multi-year subscription plans, and over-the-air upgrades designed enhance your vehicle’s performance and ownership experience.
Experience working with automotive dealerships, in customer facing retail, sales, product training, consulting and performance coaching roles a plus.
At General Motors (GM), our OnStar team is committed to innovation with a core belief that, “Better Never Stops.” Our Vision is to empower our customers and our employees, keep it simple, earn trust and lead our industry into the future as the #1 digital business team in the world.
The role allows employees to work off-site on a permanent basis. This position requires an employee to cover territory visits to dealerships in a reoccurring frequency. A work-related travel vehicle will be provided.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Clearly communicate the benefit of OnStar as GM’s tech ingredient brand – get dealerships excited about our products and services as a key driver of customer experience, brand loyalty and dealership profitability.
- Establish effective relationships with dealers within your assigned territory, serving as a dealership’s trusted advisor to broaden awareness, drive customer acquisition and revenue generation for GM’s software and subscription business
- Act as a main liaison between OnStar, GM’s vehicle brands, and your assigned dealerships, understanding the dealer’s needs; establishing credibility; and taking accountability and delivering value to your dealerships and brand counterparts
- Build familiarity and engagement with the current (e.g. mobile app, Google Built-In) and future (e.g. Over-the-air updates) product offerings
- Serve as subject matter expert on all things related to the My GM Rewards Loyalty program including the Rewards Credit Cards
- Initiate and conduct live training or remote calls with dealer leadership and personnel on OnStar’s portfolio of products, services, My GM Rewards, and the GM Rewards Credit Card and the proper delivery and customer onboarding process, including the ability to troubleshoot when something goes wrong
- Build strong, productive relationships within GM’s field team ecosystem, including Vehicle Sales, Service & Marketing teams, Fleet and Commercial Sales team, and OnStar Business Solutions Sales teams.
- Conduct monthly sales performance analysis, leveraging data & analytics to identify opportunities and implement dealer action plans while supporting continuous improvement
- Support planning and countermeasures designed to meet and achieve aggressive monthly, quarterly, and annual performance targets and milestones
- Assist in product launches to ensure streamlined marketing and advertising between the dealer and GM
- Ensure dealers are providing customers with the technological capabilities that come with their purchase
- Monitor Dealer, District, Zone, and Regional metrics to ensure they meet or exceed the desired Goals
- Resolve all dealer-customer satisfaction issues through appropriate channels
- Be prepared to learn and adapt as our product, services and role evolves sales consultants and service advisors
Additional Job Description
- Experience working with automotive dealerships and/or OEMs beneficial, including familiarity with new, used, commercial and service operations
- Understanding the audience; getting the message across; presenting information effectively; and communicating openly
- Willingness to work the hours required to be effective in assigned time zone, including occasional weekends and holidays
- Computer skills with Microsoft Office proficiency: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Comfortable with technology and subscription services, including troubleshooting mobile app and internal platform issues
- Ability to effectively and efficiently use your time to focus on the most impactful activities and challenge those that distract from the identified goals
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proper use of language, grammar, and diction
- Ability to travel 60 to 70 percent of the time, including overnights when applicable
- Agile learner, continuous improvement “Better Never Stops” mindset
- Driven and self-motivated
- Prioritizing skills, Multitasker
- Adaptable, embrace change
- Problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Verbal and written communication
- Four-Year Accredited College Degree preferred but previous professional experience, including active-duty military service, will be considered as an alternative
- Home-based employment with daily travel to automotive dealerships/Service Centers in assigned territory.
- Bonus incentive program.
- Overnight work-related travel, up to 50% based on the needs of the business
- Company-issued GM vehicle for work/personal use (payment, maintenance, and insurance all paid by the company)
- Expense and Frequent Flyer reimbursement program which allows employees to retain points and/or mileage from approved work-related travel.
- A laptop and cell phone will be provided
- Company paid hotspot service to allow for internet while on the road or at home
TOTAL REWARDS | BENEFITS OVERVIEW
- From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
LOCATION & TERRITORIES:
GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.) NOW OR IN THE FUTURE
COMPENSATION: The median level of salary compensation for this role is $65,646 to $100,546 Annually.
BONUS POTENTIAL: An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
BENEFITS: GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, employee assistance program, GM vehicle discounts and more.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.