Business Development and Export Manager
As GM expands our range of products and services, an opportunity exists to further expand our export business and explore business growth opportunities. Egypt is in a strategic geographic location being a gateway to Africa, Middle East and Europe and with a manufacturing assembly plant located in Egypt, we are able to leverage our proximity and production capabilities to further grow our business.
The Business Development and Export Manager, should have a strong sales orientation and be comfortable with identifying new business opportunities, new customer segments and delivering incremental sales growth to drive revenue for GM. The role requires an individual that is able to work in an entrepreneurial way working with people internally and externally to GM Egypt assessing potential for new business and products. In some cases they will collaborating closely with GM managers responsible for specific countries, or with established authorized distributors to increase new business opportunities. In other cases they will be prospecting and opening up new business opportunities in green field situations.
- Developing sales and aftersales growth strategies and plans to increase GM export business for Egypt and grow rest of Africa.
- Self-motivated and experienced in working to and exceeding specific annual sales and revenue targets by finding new opportunities
- Use in-depth knowledge of automotive business and products and value proposition to prospect for new opportunities
- Be versed in industry trends such as shift to EVs and other changes in the automotive industry
- Research and understand the implications of trade policies and agreements, homologation requirements, distribution and brand presence, customs and other duties and taxes, political, social and economic landscape and competition to develop business growth priorities and revenue streams.
- Work closely with internal departmental stakeholders at Egypt and Regional level
- Writing business proposals and pitch documents
- Negotiating with stakeholders
- Identifying and mapping business strengths and customer needs
- Drafting and reviewing contracts and navigating GM approval processes
- Export Compliance Lead and Champion for GM Egypt and Africa to ensure we are following all legal and compliance requirements across the entire enterprise
- High-level communication skills
- Strong goal orientation
- Stakeholder management skills and Relationship building
- High level of networking skills
- Proven ability to negotiate
- Experience with design and implementation of business development strategy
- The ability to self-motivate and motivate others
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Organizational agility
Experience and Education:
- 5 years in the automotive industry
- Business Degree
- Great understanding of African market
- High level of proficiency with written and oral English
- Secondary languages – Arabic, French is a big plus
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.