Sr. Door Trim Buyer (Level 7)
Hybrid role: This position requires to work 3 days on site 2 days at home remote on a full-time basis
Partner with Program Managers to represent purchasing and communicate program requirements/vehicle line overview.
- Ability to work effectively cross functionally, both internally and externally and build relationships
- Experience with commodities (metals, stampings, castings, plastics, resins, paint, electronics, etc.)
- Experience handling commercial issues with suppliers and assessing supplier performance
- Proven competence in negotiating skills
- Professional interpersonal verbal and written communication skills
PREFERRED CRITICAL SKILLS:
- Automotive industry experience
- Knowledge of procurement software
- Knowledge of materials management
- Capable of interpreting market data
- Able to read blueprints and to understand basic engineering documents
- Solid knowledge of contract law and its applications regarding purchasing processes
Additional Job Description
Bachelor degree in Engineering or Business
Remember to attach your CV when applying to this vacancy.
Just so you know…diversity and inclusion are our strengths. We respect and value what each individual contribution to our team, including their origin, education, sex, race, ethnic group, sexual orientation, gender expression and / or identity, religious context, age, generation, and disability. We believe that our ability to meet the needs and expectations of an increasingly diverse and global customer base is closely linked to the diversity and inclusion that we experience within General Motors.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.