GMNA Order Fulfillment Export Operations Manager
This role is categorized as HYBRID. This means the successful candidate is expected to report to GM - Cadillac Tower three times per week, at minimum.
Export Operations Manager is the primary interface, or liaison, between the select export market Sales Team and Order Fulfillment (O.F.) for Order-to-Delivery / Distribution issues. As such, they are the relationship builders, the advocates and subject matter experts for their designated countries of sale.
This is a multi-disciplinary role, touching all elements of product, scheduling, logistics, quality, aftersales etc… Export Operations Managers are required to perform at both a strategic level and brand support, and at a tactical / operational level in support of program launches and successful execution of O.F. business processes.
Build strong relationships through communication with:
- Marketing Channels, Product Marketing, Program Engineering Teams, Outbound Logistics, Finance and Country of Sale.
- Participate in decision making forums (Monthly Operations Calls with export market Sales Team, O.F. Vertical & Launch Meetings etc…)
Be the consultants on behalf of O.F. related activities as they impact:
- Cross-functional new vehicle Launch Teams
- Vertical meetings for non-launch products
- NA Monthly Schedule Proposal Meetings
Provide analytical horsepower for decision-making:
- Center of expertise for O.F. information and business processes
- Common process templates (ex. Special Edition Vehicles, New Option Readiness, Accessories)
- Specialized queries and or reports
Additional Job Description
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to work in sometimes ambiguous situations
- Ability to coordinate activities across multiple organizations within General Motors
- Strong computer skills especially with focus on Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to research and resolve complex issues
- High level of written and oral communication skills
- High level of problem solving and customer service skills
- High level of analytical ability
- High level of ability to collaborate effectively with others
- Ability to organize and plan effectively
- Ability to meet deadlines accurately
- Knowledge of total Enterprise operations and dependencies
- Detail oriented – proof-read work
- Ability to ask critical questions
- Working knowledge of Order Workbench (OWB), POMs, VTIMS and PPC
- Order-to-Delivery Experience in the automotive industry
- Bachelor’s degree: Business/ Supply Chain/ Engineering/ Marketing
GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.) NOW OR IN THE FUTURE.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
GM is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. GM is committed to providing a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and advancing equal employment opportunities for all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, all practices and decisions relating to terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment are made without regard to an individual's protected characteristics. For purposes of this policy, “protected characteristics" include an individual's actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression, sexual orientation, weight, height, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.