Senior Software Engineer
- Strategic Objective Setting:
- Define project objectives by meticulously analyzing user requirements, envisioning system features, and ensuring alignment with organizational goals.
- End-to-End Development:
- Design, develop, and rigorously test business features throughout the development life cycle, ensuring robust and scalable solutions.
- Solution Recommendations:
- Provide valuable insights by comparing advantages and disadvantages of design alternatives, recommending optimal system solutions.
- Integration Mastery:
- Engineer seamless application integration by designing database architecture and server scripting.
- Study and establish connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
- Project Coordination:
- Lead the completion of applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities.
- Contribute actively to team meetings and troubleshoot development and production challenges across diverse environments and operating platforms.
- User Empowerment:
- Support end-users through the development of comprehensive documentation and assistance tools.
- Continuous Learning and Innovation:
- Stay at the forefront of technology trends by researching new technologies and software products.
- Actively participate in educational opportunities, read professional publications, and maintain personal networks.
- Organizational Impact:
- Enhance the organization's reputation by taking ownership of diverse challenges and exploring opportunities to add unique value to job accomplishments.
Additional Job Description
- Proficiency in Java
- 10+ years of experience delivering Business Solutions
- 10+ years of the full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- 3+ years of CI/CD automation experience
- 6+ years of experience with SQL/Oracle
- 6+ years of OO analysis and design experience
- Excellent Teamwork and Verbal Communication skills
- Expertise in Web User Interface Design and Software Requirements
- In-depth understanding of the Software Development Process and Object-Oriented Design (OOD)
- Multimedia Content Development and Software Debugging capabilities
- Proficiency and knowledge with Microservices, Kafka, Spark, Kubernetes, Akka, Pulsar, RabbitMQ, Cassandra, Redis, Bitbucket, and Maven
Preferred, but not Required:
- Experience in Azure Cloud, Data Analytics, Manufacturing, and/or Industrial IoT
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
GM is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. GM is committed to providing a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and advancing equal employment opportunities for all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, all practices and decisions relating to terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment are made without regard to an individual's protected characteristics. For purposes of this policy, “protected characteristics" include an individual's actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression, sexual orientation, weight, height, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.