Production planning and Inventory manager
As the Production planning and Inventory manager, you will lead a team and provide employee development, training, and drive the performance management process as well as manage an efficient organizational structure.
- Executes deliverables in support of the supply chain organization's business objectives. Guides of one of the key areas within the Global Supply Chain to ensure business objectives are met or exceeded in all areas including customer, quality, service, responsiveness, people, product and financial initiatives.
- Position communicates to all levels of the organization, within the function as well as other functions and suppliers Position is responsible for supporting relationship management with logistic suppliers and service providers.
- Ability to understand and assess complex supply chain issues and lead teams in a cross functional environment to successfully resolve issues minimizing impacts to vehicle production.
- Assess supplier schedules and impact on vehicle assembly production.
- Collaborate cross functionally to develop creative solutions.
- Ability to summarize critical issues with resolutions and communicate to leadership.
- Handle very complex capacity constraint issues to resolution with goal to eliminate potential plant disruptions and reduce premium transportation.
- Analyze metrics supporting supplier critical issues or sufficiency plan resolution.
- Ability to be flexible and at times work extended and non-core hours to ensure issues are worked to resolution.
- Ability to travel to plant locations when required for onsite support of launch and build-out.
- Ability to problem tackle complete issues and implement new and innovative strategies.
- Deep understanding of Supply Chain functions
- Manage 4 functional departments: demand and supply planning, production planning, BOM and material management.
- Manage all material planning activities along with direct oversight of all International and Domestic suppliers.
- Establish sales and operations meetings to discuss sales forecast, production forecast, review new projects, inventory management and make decisions on non-move inventory.
- Responsible for capacity planning model to improve visibility for production forecast, eliminating sales losses.
- Ensure timely and accurate Bill of Materials for all the current product lines, ensuring accurate cost of goods sold.
- Responsible for develop and improve suppliers’ relationships to meet the established quality and delivery targets.
- Responsible for eliminating parts missed and lost vehicle due to material shortage.
- Monitor supply chain relevant reports such as daily stocks, production capacity, monthly production plan, monthly statistical forecast, inventory targets and forecast accuracy.
- Monitor and optimize inventory level across the supply chain against agreed KPIs to achieve business financial targets.
- Responsible for assessing workloads, training need assessments, coaching and performance evaluations for the supply chain staff.
- Ensure alignment of policies and procedures in connection with all supply chain functions.
- SAP user - Experience in SAP related tasks (Production Planning, Inventory management)
- Supply chain background for 5 Years +
- Excellent in Microsoft office.
- Fluent in English, speaking and writing.
- People leader for 2 Years+
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.