Purchasing and Supply Chain Group - Logistics
As the Logistics Coordinator, you will be responsible for supporting and executing logistics planning, engineering, purchasing and daily operations for the material shipments to assembly, component plants and/ or warehouse locations domestically and/or globally.
- Responsible for executing deliverables in support of the logistics organization's business objectives.
- Provides support of one of the key areas within Logistics and / or Containers organization to ensure business objectives are met or exceeded in all areas including customer, quality, service, responsiveness, people, product and financial initiatives.
- Communicates within the function as well as other functions, external affiliates, regulatory agencies.
- Responsible for supporting relationship management with logistic suppliers and service providers.
- Influences others within the organization to accept new concepts, practices, and approaches.
- Identify problems, update or modify work methods that may be complex in the work area without the benefit of defined procedures.
- Promote GM's values and makes customer-focused decisions.
- Removing Roadblocks & Resolving Issues/Complaints: Observes and steps up to remove roadblocks and resolve potential issues.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.