Continuous Improvement Planner- Executive Assistant
Support the Plant Director in Continuous Improvement activities including planning, tracking, and presenting data that drives plant improvement projects. This role will also Assist the Plant Director in maintaining the plant time architecture through Outlook Calendar scheduling and be the liaison for plant communication needs to the corporate communication team.
Toledo Propulsion Systems is looking for an innovative, high energy, ambitious individual to serve as a thought leader and support for the executive leadership and staff.
- Be a thought leader to determine and prioritize decisions, manage time, prepare materials and brainstorm strategic objectives.
- Provide high level, quick and in-depth analysis of research and industry trends.
- Support executive leadership in preparing presentations, background briefs and talking points.
- Support composes memos, articles, speeches and letters for internal and external stakeholders.
- Produce consolidated reporting and coordination of data and information.
- Orchestrate the scheduling and planning for the executive leadership.
- Manage cross functional relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead cross functional project teams with major and short term initiatives with skillful oversight and execution.
- Leading meetings and forums with meticulous presentation, planning and coordination.
- Support building teams and creating culture with thought leadership and leading by example.
- Strategize, develop and track key performance metrics for the organization to inform and identify potential opportunities.
- Innovating to transform ideas into reality.
- Pinpointing and addressing core issues within business processes and efficiency.
- Identifying area of improvement across the organization and making actionable recommendations.
- Demonstrate analytical ability to interpret business reports and provide guidance.
- Demonstrate exceptional organization ability to manage multiple tasks to completion.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, to serve in partnership with our communications team.
- Technical ability to deliver presentation materials for the executive leadership.
- Acting on behalf of the Executive Director answering inquiries.
- Represent the leadership’s brand of integrity, authenticity valuing people.
What Gives You a Competitive Edge:
( Preferred Qualifications)
- 5+ years’ Experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Technical agility
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
GM is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. GM is committed to providing a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and advancing equal employment opportunities for all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, all practices and decisions relating to terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment are made without regard to an individual's protected characteristics. For purposes of this policy, “protected characteristics" include an individual's actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression, sexual orientation, weight, height, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.