Manufacturing Optimization LMS Execution Engineer - Factory ZERO
On-site: This position requires an employee to be on-site on a full-time basis.
GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.) NOW OR IN THE FUTURE.
This position is a unique opportunity to influence the way we as General Motors operate material flow in our assembly plants and lead the factory of future material flow implementation. Mfg. Optimization Material engineer implements material strategies & automation in our assembly centers while working with cross functional teams to set up efficient and lean material flow. From raw sheet metal to final assembly, this team is reinventing the tools and processes that will enable GM to deliver on our promise to create an all-electric future. The opportunities at General Motors are endless as we build the organization from the ground up and shape it into a Workplace of Choice.
What You’ll Do (Responsibilities)
- Develop and implement work measurement, line balance, ergonomics processes, simulation for manufacturing optimization projects across the plant.
- Determine labor impact, simulation, and confirmation of takt time for optimization projects.
- Provide the ME team with revised HC associated with the optimization projects including
- Develop PMP plan and PCP assignments for new optimization projects.
- Develop/revise operational plans JES/TIS revisions, ULOC/DLOC, CMA Coordination
- Manage Facility layouts, working closely with all facets of the plant to coordinate, create, review, and maintain all plant auto cad layouts -ensuring layout efficiency as well as future space protection.
- Develop material delivery and non-conforming materials strategies for all projects
- Develop container plans, plan for every part (PFEP)
- Comprehend process control plan requirements associated with jobs being optimized.
- Complete project plan reviews with the local production management teams for future implementations. Understand local contractual considerations for all projects.
- Direct improvements to the elimination of waste for quality, scrap, stock reduction, energy, safety, equipment, material, space savings and process efficiency.
- Optimize sequence of operations and workflow.
- Work with cross-functional teams to conceptualize, design, and execute automation programs and processes that improve supply chain, warehousing, and material flow.
- Create crew plans to ensure resources are properly allocated and utilized effectively.
- Provide Technical support and assistance to manufacturing and maintenance team members, production supervisors and production associates
- Demonstrate knowledge of LMS principles and drive future materials implementations.
Additional Job Description
Your Skills & Abilities (Required Qualifications)
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (ME, Supply chain, Industrial) or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of equivalent experience (Mfg. and Supply chain)
- Knowledge of basic manufacturing, supply chain and assembly processes.
- Experience with using AutoCAD, Factory cad or equivalent, MS-Office tools (Excel, Access, Project, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of Industrial Engineering skills and techniques
- Minimum of 3 years of experience GMS, program/platform manufacturing and plant manufacturing.
- Good knowledge of GMS principles and experience in GMS implementation.
- Previous experience as Project Lead, with the ability to coordinate resources, provide leadership updates, report status, and track timelines.
What Will Give You a Competitive Edge (Preferred Qualifications)
- Familiarity with automation execution, understanding the principles and concepts related to material flow automation.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
GM is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. GM is committed to providing a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and advancing equal employment opportunities for all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, all practices and decisions relating to terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment are made without regard to an individual's protected characteristics. For purposes of this policy, “protected characteristics" include an individual's actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression, sexual orientation, weight, height, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.