Pull Systems Supply Chain Optimization Engineer ( Level 6)
Executes deliverables in support of the supply chain organization's business objectives. Guides of one of the key areas within the Global Supply Chain to ensure business objectives are met or exceeded in all areas including customer, quality, service, responsiveness, people, product and financial initiatives.
What will you do?
Position communicates to all levels of the organization, within the function as well as other functions and suppliers Position is responsible for supporting relationship management with logistic suppliers and service providers
- Ability to understand and assess complex supply chain issues and lead teams in a cross functional environment to successfully resolve issues minimizing impacts to vehicle production
- Assess supplier schedules and impact on vehicle assembly production.
- Collaborate cross functionally to develop creative solutions.
- Ability to summarize critical issues with resolutions and communicate to leadership
- Handle very complex capacity constraint issues to resolution with goal to eliminate potential plant disruptions and reduce premium transportation.
- Analyze metrics supporting supplier critical issues or sufficiency plan resolution.
- Ability to be flexible and at times work extended and non-core hours to ensure issues are worked to resolution.
- Ability to travel to plant locations when required for onsite support of launch and build-out.
- Ability to problem tackle complete issues and implement new and innovative strategies.
- Deep understanding of Supply Chain functions
Additional Job Description
Education Qualifications / Skills:
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.