Cyber Incident Handler
This is a Hybrid position. This means the selected candidate is expected to report to their assigned innovation center in Warren, MI, or Atlanta, GA three times a week at minimum.
The Cyber Incident Handler is responsible for Validating, scoping, analyzing, and responding to cybersecurity incidents within the organization. They play a critical role in safeguarding GM's digital assets and ensuring the integrity of its systems. The incumbent will work closely with the Global Cybersecurity team to identify, investigate, and mitigate cyber threats and incidents.
What you’ll do
- Conduct in-depth analysis of security incidents to determine the scope, risk, vector, root cause, impact, and appropriate response.
- Evaluates processes, services, drivers, libraries, binaries, scripts, memory, network traffic, file, email, and other artifacts for anomalies, security exploitation, and/or unauthorized access.
- Coordinate and collaborate with cross-functional teams to contain and remediate cybersecurity incidents.
- Develop and implement incident response plans, including containment, eradication, and recovery strategies.
- Conduct forensic analysis and gather evidence to support incident investigations.
- Document and report on incident findings, including recommendations for improving security controls and processes.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest cybersecurity threats, vulnerabilities, and industry best practices.
- Participate in tabletop exercises and incident response drills to test and improve the organization's response capabilities.
- Provide guidance and support to other teams on incident handling and response procedures.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of incident response processes and tools.
- Mentor and advising team members to drive the strategic growth of the organization.
Additional Job Description
Your Skills & Abilities (Required Qualifications)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Security, Data Science or related field (or four years of additional technical cybersecurity experience).
- A minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience designing, building, troubleshooting, and maintaining cybersecurity tools in a complex enterprise environment.
- Proven experience in incident response, cybersecurity operations, or a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of cybersecurity principles, technologies, and best practices.
- Familiarity with security incident and event management (SIEM) tools.
- Proficiency in conducting forensic analysis and using relevant tools.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong communication and collaboration abilities.
- Relevant certifications such as GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH) or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) are preferred.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
GM is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. GM is committed to providing a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and advancing equal employment opportunities for all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, all practices and decisions relating to terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment are made without regard to an individual's protected characteristics. For purposes of this policy, “protected characteristics" include an individual's actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression, sexual orientation, weight, height, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.