Maintenance Planner - Body
As the Maintenance Planner you will continually improve planning, scheduling, data management and job reporting systems to increase planning effectiveness and efficiency.
This individual is responsible for all preventative maintenance and diagnosis of equipment malfunctions, recommending solutions to problems, and meeting schedule, and quality requirements in addition to other responsibilities that revolve around maintenance and repair within the body shop.
Work is of a technical nature using independent judgment within the limits of Global Manufacturing System (GMS)
What Gives You a Competitive Edge:
(Basic Skills Preferred):
- Provide technical support and guidance to trades and production
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- High level of organization skills
- Working knowledge of all safety absolutes and policies (i.e. lockout, ESWP etc..)
- Knowledge of computer software utilized in manufacturing environment
- Advance safety culture in the department through education and accountability
- Insures all Safety Training including PIV Physicals, Lockout Refresher and Audit is executed to plan.
- Execute planning and completion of PM’s, CM’s, and maintenance projects
- Manage department spending in 2000, 3000 & 5000 Accounts
- Insure spare parts for all equipment is properly planned & in inventory
- Ability to troubleshoot, resolve, and convey problem resolution and document using the PPS (Practical Problem Solving ) document.
- Support BPD at all levels to drive the business.
- Execute “Look Ahead” by planning non-product portfolio (NPP) projects that optimize thoughput
- Fully execute and support terms of local and national labor agreements
- Improved throughput by continuously improving Maintenance Cycle Between Failure/Maintenance Time to Respond (MCBF/MTTR) using TIP (Throughput Improvement Plan)
- Develop and manage Group Leaders. Cover GL absences as needed
- Covers the Maintenance & Engineering Manager when they are out of the plant
- Develop weekend work plan including manpower, material, and shop strip plan
- Minimum of 7 years of related maintenance experience within automotive manufacturing
- Experience with Body Shop processes and equipment
- In depth knowledge of integration plant floor monitoring systems (PMC/PRT/Web TIP) &/or simulation techniques
- Thorough knowledge of plant safety rules (i.e., Lockout/PTP/SOPs)
- Detailed understanding of planned and predictive maintenance
- Experience with Teamcenter, Maximo, & eSAP
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
GM is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. GM is committed to providing a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and advancing equal employment opportunities for all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, all practices and decisions relating to terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment are made without regard to an individual's protected characteristics. For purposes of this policy, “protected characteristics" include an individual's actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression, sexual orientation, weight, height, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.