Director, Global Affairs and Public Policy, Google Cloud Product Initiatives
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Friday, February 9, 2024
info_outlineXNote: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Sunnyvale, CA, USA; Washington D.C., DC, USA.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of experience working on policy issues for companies or within government, think tanks, public interest groups, or relevant industry associations.
- Experience working on public policy issues in the technology industry, in particular as an advisor to business teams in product development, go-to-market, and other business areas.
- Experience leading policy strategy in support of product development and go-to-market efforts, in particular in the enterprise technology space.
- Expertise in policy and political issues relating to technical infrastructure (e.g. data centers); IaaS, PaaS and SaaS products.
- Ability to understand the business implications of public policy and advise product or engineering teams.
- Ability to understand key technical aspects pertaining to operations in legislative and regulatory proposals, and communicate business and policy implications to internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent leadership skills and a team player with the ability to exercise good judgment in a rapidly changing, ambiguous environment.