Assistant Strategist, Business Solutions
Horizon Media, founded in 1989 by Bill Koenigsberg, is recognized as one of the most innovative marketing and advertising firms. We are headquartered in New York City, with offices in Los Angeles, Toronto and Edmonton. A leader in driving business solutions for marketers, Horizon is known for its highly personal approach to client service. Renowned for its incredible culture, Horizon is consistently named to all the prestigious annual Best Places to Work lists published by Fortune, AdAge, Crain’s New York Business and Los Angeles Business Journal. Together we are building a place of belonging.
At Horizon, we understand the value that different perspectives can bring to our clients and culture, so we strive for an environment where our employees feel welcomed, safe and empowered. We value YOU and believe that your authentic voice and unique perspective allows us to create a more rewarding culture, and experience, together.
Our simple recipe for success? We hire talented people (thinkers, doers, dreamers, makers), challenge them and give them every opportunity to grow.
The Assistant Strategist, Business Solutions is responsible for supporting the team in the development of media plans, results analysis, and data management. This position requires an individual to strategically think and problem solve while paying meticulous attention to detail. The Assistant Strategist is expected to show integrity, a thirst for learning, drive and initiative, along with overall communication and organization skills to succeed in a fast-paced work environment.
What You’ll Do
50% - Account Management
- Assist with day-to-day account maintenance tasks inclusive of flowchart upkeep and creative material distribution
- Schedule, attend, and participate in client/internal meetings; capture and distribute meeting recap notes to clients and internal team members, summarizing all deliverables and next steps
- Keep team updated on the status and timing of deliverables
- Collaborate with team to identify data and billing discrepancies and recommend creative solutions
20% - Strategic Planning
- Support team members with overall media plan development, budget tracking, implementation, and maintenance
- Analyze competitive and target research to inform media strategy
15% - Internal Relationship Management
- Engage and effectively interact with direct team as well as other Horizon Media departments internally
15% - Training & Development
- Advance knowledge and learn about the media industry, Horizon Media, and our clients
- Participate in Horizon’s Media 101 training program, as well as other syndicated and proprietary training sessions (i.e. Excel Basics, Business Writing, Presentation Skills, and more)
Who You Are
- Hungry to advance your knowledge of advertising, marketing, and media principles
- Willing to take initiative, be an active participant in team discussions
- An effective communicator who thinks strategically
- A problem solver with the ability to develop creative solutions
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Comfortable working with multiple timelines and deliverables; able to effectively manage your time
- Someone who thrives working both independently and within a team
- Comfortable working within large sets of data and numbers
- Successful in an agile, fast paced environment
- Results and solutions oriented; consistently motivated, proactive, and resourceful
- An advocate for and supporter of diversity, equity and inclusion
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and/or relevant work or internship experience
- Proficiency working within Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
There are no requirements for certificates, licenses and registrations
Physical Activity and Work Environment
There are no requirements for physical activity and work environment
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.