Analyst, Advanced Analytics
Analyst, Advanced Analytics
Who We Are
Horizon Next is one of the industry's most innovative and data-driven marketing organizations and sits at the intersection of three constantly changing landscapes: people, data, and media. Our business provides strategic leadership to accelerate growth for our clients through brand strategy, media planning and investment, and best in class analytics across all channels. As the leader in innovative business solutions, we are always pushing ourselves to understand what’s next: our next innovation, our next advancement in analytics, the market’s next media evolution, and your next breakthrough idea. Horizon Next operates with the single goal that tomorrow must outperform today.
At Horizon, we understand the value that different perspectives can bring to our clients and culture, so we strive for an environment where our employees feel welcomed, safe and empowered. We value YOU and believe that your authentic voice and unique perspective allows us to create a more rewarding culture, and experience, together.
Our simple recipe for success? We hire talented people (thinkers, doers, dreamers, makers), challenge them and give them every opportunity to grow.
The main responsibility of the Analyst, Advanced Analytics is to apply sophisticated statistical modeling and other advanced analytic techniques to help guide our clients’ media spending plans and make their investments more efficient. In addition to the technical aspects required, it will involve cultivating and maintaining effective working relationships with a variety of parties including the clients, internal stakeholders (e.g. Brand and Activation), 3rd-party vendors, external clients, and operational areas within Horizon.
We are looking for someone who is intellectually curious with the drive and knowledge to identify, frame and solve business problems. They must be a critical thinker and highly detailed oriented individual who can follow-through with flawless execution.
The ideal candidate will be a clear and persuasive communicator who thrives in a highly collaborative team environment and has the ability to guide solutions for ever-evolving real-time problem sets. Above all, the Analyst, Advanced Analytics must be highly driven with an exceptional work ethic, determination to overcome complex challenges, and must have a desire to have huge impact on the business.
What You’ll Do
80% Development and Enhancement of data and analytics capabilities:
- Assist in statistical modeling and marketing performance analysis to provide insights into media planning and buying.
- Constantly look for ways to improve the usage of Horizon’s existing data and analytics infrastructure.
- Work with stakeholders to improve current analytic processes and develop new capabilities that set us apart in the marketplace.
- Use automation and technology to increase efficiency and to provide the infrastructure to scale.
- Bring an “outside in perspective” to analytic development; explore, identify and assess external best practices - and translate to relevant application internally.
20% Cultivating and maintaining effective working relationships- internally and externally:
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationship with key functional areas, as well as HMI Analytics and other stakeholders throughout Horizon.
- Act as a liaison between the Analytics team and the internal Brand, Activation and Operational areas.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required plus 0-1 years of industry experience, Master’s degree preferred (or, concurrent).
- Strong foundational knowledge of statistics and modeling (e.g. regression modeling/predictive modeling/inferential statistics) required, specific marketing response modeling knowledge such as MMM, a plus.
- Academic or applied exposure to Programming/scripting (R, Python, SQL).
- Experience in the Advanced Analytics realm, preferably in media, marketing or an adjacent field.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a dogged determination to work an issue through to its satisfying conclusion are both a must.
- Ability to generate clear, concise and comprehensive analyses that tell the story behind the data.
- Exposure to large data sets (“big data”) and analysis thereof a major plus.
- Persistence- Demonstrate tenacity and willingness to go the distance
- Comfortable in dealing with ambiguity and managing change, plus the capacity to move through roadblocks with enthusiasm and alacrity.
- Strong verbal communication skills, extremely well-organized.
- Analytical mindset with knowledge and passion for media, data, statistics and technology.
- Collaborative, can-do attitude, a must.
- Experience in fast-paced environment, possessing the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
Physical Activity and Work Environment
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Horizon Media is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Salary Range$80,000.00 - $95,000.00
A successful applicant’s actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure/certifications, and equity. As an organization, we take an aptitude and competency-based hiring approach. We provide a competitive total rewards package including a discretionary bonus and a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, retirement savings plans, company paid holidays and unlimited paid time off (PTO), mental health and wellness resources, pet insurance, childcare resources, identity theft insurance, fertility assistance programs, and fitness reimbursement.