Director, Platform Development, blu.
Who We Are
Horizon Media, founded in 1989 by Bill Koenigsberg, is recognized as one of the most innovative marketing and advertising firms. We are headquartered in New York City, with offices in Los Angeles and Toronto. A leader in driving business solutions for marketers, Horizon is known for its highly personal approach to client service. Renowned for its incredible culture, Horizon is consistently named to all the prestigious annual Best Places to Work lists published by Fortune, AdAge, Crain’s New York Business and Los Angeles Business Journal. Together we are building a place of belonging.
At Horizon, we understand the value that different perspectives can bring to our clients and culture, so we strive for an environment where our employees feel welcomed, safe and empowered. We value YOU and believe that your authentic voice and unique perspective allows us to create a more rewarding culture, and experience, together.
Our simple recipe for success? We hire talented people (thinkers, doers, dreamers, makers), challenge them and give them every opportunity to grow.
What Is blu.
Over the last four+ years we have been building and evolving omni-marketing solutions & services on top of our Connected Marketing Platform. The foundation of this platform is an Identity Framework built upon PII data licensed from TransUnion. By integrating with data partners who have deterministic data assets we have licensed and attached 11,000+ attributes to bridge the gap between martech and adtech to deliver a true 360 consumer view. This enables brands to engage customers and prospects across all journeys. Our portfolio of solutions and products are designed to complement a clients’ existing tech.
Proprietary insights tools enhance profiles with psychographic attributes and custom models identify and assign propensity against audiences based on KPIs. We have a central, connected, user-friendly platform for insight to audience development and activation.
The Director of Solutions Development, blu. will play a critical role in the development and execution of the product roadmap for the blu. Connected Marketing Suite. This role will bring operatinal maturity to our blu. organization by supporting and applying best practices in agile product development. This position is critical in aligning the development roadmap of blu. with cross-functional teams across the organization.
As a thought leader in identity-based data solutions, including 1P pixels, 1st and 3rd party data, event-based data, APIs, clean rooms, walled-garden measurement, etc., the Data Solutions Manager will contribute significantly to the roadmap’s development. This role will report directly to the VP, Group Director, Data Solutions Development.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
40% Product Development For blu. Connected Marketing Suite:
- Collaborate with senior leadership to shape the Product Development roadmap.
- Gain an understanding of customer needs and translate them into product features that add value.
- Partner with client-facing data solutions teams and marketing science teams to create scalable, reliable, and flexible product offerings.
- Partner with senior leadership to create a best-in-class product development operational plan and execute cross-functionally.
- Conduct cost-benefit-risk analysis for product development new offerings
- Act as an internal and external evangelist for blu, creating new opportunities.
- Support the development of marketing materials for new integrations and solutions and share them cross-functionally.
35% Structure, Operations & Execution Management of the blu. Marketing Suite:
- Build product features that can scale and adapt to market needs and specific requirements.
- Develop use cases, enhancements, features, and bug fixes through agile planning.
- Make tough decisions and trade-offs based on a combination of data, experience, and strategic objectives.
- Actively anticipate roadblocks by finding friction points and creating repeatable, dependable solutions.
- Establish operational KPIs to measure product development capacity and throughput and identify areas for improvement.
- Effectively identify resources and communicate with development teams and guide technical decisions.
25% Data & Tech Thought Leadership:
- Contribute significantly to the roadmap’s development by subject matter expert in the connected marketing platform space.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies, such as artificial intelligence and machine learning. Partner with senior leadership to incorporate into blu., as needed.
- Integrate privacy considerations into the product development lifecycle, following a "privacy by design" approach.
- Collaborate with internal privacy experts to assess privacy implications in feature design and make necessary adjustments.
Who You Are:
- Curious, inquisitive, and a problem solver.
- Collaborative and capable of working effectively with internal stakeholders and clients.
- Both technically proficient and skilled at translating complex use cases to senior leadership.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- 12+ years of experience in data and tech, including DMPs/CDPs and ad tech.
- A deep understanding of programmatic advertising.
- Proven experience in activation and analytics.
- Hands-on experience selling, architecting, or implementing cloud-native solutions
- Hands-on experience using multiple data sources for activation.
- Experience with global data assets is preferred.
Horizon Media is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Salary Range$145,000.00 - $185,000.00
A successful applicant’s actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure/certifications, and equity. As an organization, we take an aptitude and competency-based hiring approach. We provide a competitive total rewards package including a discretionary bonus and a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, retirement savings plans, company paid holidays and unlimited paid time off (PTO), mental health and wellness resources, pet insurance, childcare resources, identity theft insurance, fertility assistance programs, and fitness reimbursement.