Senior Strategist, Business Solutions
Who We Are
Horizon Media, founded in 1989 by Bill Koenigsberg, is recognized as one of the most innovative marketing and advertising firms. We are headquartered in New York City, with offices in Los Angeles and Toronto. A leader in driving business solutions for marketers, Horizon is known for its highly personal approach to client service. Renowned for its incredible culture, Horizon is consistently named to all the prestigious annual Best Places to Work lists published by Fortune, AdAge, Crain’s New York Business and Los Angeles Business Journal. Together we are building a place of belonging.
At Horizon, we understand the value that different perspectives can bring to our clients and culture, so we strive for an environment where our employees feel welcomed, safe and empowered. We value YOU and believe that your authentic voice and unique perspective allows us to create a more rewarding culture, and experience, together.
Our simple recipe for success? We hire talented people (thinkers, doers, dreamers, makers), challenge them and give them every opportunity to grow.
What You’ll Do
40% - Strategic Planning
- Assist in the development of sound, strategic media plans with guidance/input from Supervisor, all based on client direction and an understanding of media principles
- Responsible for analysis of consumer research and competitive intelligence findings by junior team
- Collaborate on the development of POVs for new media opportunities on an ongoing basis
- Partner with junior and senior team members to generate presentation decks, put together final draft of presentation and participate in presenting to clients
- Continue to strengthen understanding of media strategy and applications, proactive in taking part in internal training and development opportunities
- Manipulate and analyze large datasets including competitive and target data
20% - Account Management
- Build and strengthen relationships with core clients and industry partners by serving as a Horizon Media contact
- Own and ensure accuracy of billing, budgets and flowcharts
20% - Internal Relationship Management
- Manage day to day team projects, proof junior team member’s work, manage timelines and deliverables for internal and cross functional teams
- Responsible for leading internal meetings, including setting agenda and providing a clear meeting recap
- Lead communication with activation teams for all day to day media plan deliverables and buy maintenance
20% - Mentorship & Guidance
- Oversee junior team member’s engagement & interactions with other Horizon Media departments (i.e. Investment, Traffic, Operations)
- Effectively manage Assistant/Strategist’s day-to-day workflow, overseeing/proofing all work produced for distribution
- Guide Assistant(s) and/or Strategist(s) growth within Horizon Media and the industry at large, providing education on best practices and media principles
- Contribute to performance reviews of junior team members identifying strengths and areas for growth
- Participate in the interview process for Assistant/Strategist roles
Who You Are
- A strong communicator; able to confidently present and sell through ideas both internally and to clients
- A collaborative, team-oriented worker with strong time management and organization skills
- A problem solver with the ability to develop creative solutions
- Detail oriented with commitment to follow through
- Nimble and flexible with ability to oversee multiple deliverables and client requests
- Excited to lead and guide junior team members
- A supporter of and advocate for diversity, equity and inclusion
Preferred Skills & Experience
- 2+ years previous media planning experience
- Familiarity with marketing principles, media math/terminology and basic analytical tools (MRI, R/Fs, etc.)
- Skilled in Excel and PowerPoint with the ability to discuss how those functions can or should be applied relative to the media planning process
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
There are no requirements for certificates, licenses and registrations
Physical Activity and Work Environment
There are no requirements for physical activity and work environment
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Horizon Media is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Salary Range$70,000.00 - $80,000.00
A successful applicant’s actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure/certifications, and equity. As an organization, we take an aptitude and competency-based hiring approach. We provide a competitive total rewards package including a discretionary bonus and a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, retirement savings plans, company paid holidays and unlimited paid time off (PTO), mental health and wellness resources, pet insurance, childcare resources, identity theft insurance, fertility assistance programs, and fitness reimbursement.