Associate, Business Development
HPS Investment Partners
HPS Investment Partners is a leading global investment firm that seeks to provide creative capital solutions and generate attractive risk-adjusted returns for our clients. We manage various strategies across the capital structure that include syndicated leveraged loans and high yield bonds to privately negotiated senior secured debt and mezzanine investments, asset-based leasing and private equity. The scale and breadth of our platform offers the flexibility to invest in companies large and small, through standard or customized solutions. At our core, we share a common thread of intellectual rigor and discipline that enables us to create value for our clients, who have entrusted us with approximately $106 billion of assets under management as of October 2023. HPS has approximately 200 investment professionals and over 630 total employees, and has 15 offices globally.
HPS believes in the importance of giving back to its communities, and in promoting diversity and inclusivity at the firm. We are dedicated to fostering enduring community relationships, and we support our team’s community involvement through volunteer work, board service, and other contributions. In addition, environmental, social, and governance (ESG) considerations are central to HPS’s culture and investment processes.
HPS is looking to appoint an Associate, BDIR to be based in Hong Kong. The individual will benefit from working in a dynamic, motivated and highly experienced team and have exposure to institutional clients across the Asia Pacific region.
Specific responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Participate in introductory meetings or calls and maintain relationships with potential clients.
- Coordinating and strategizing with HPS BDIR team on prospective investor outreach and coverage.
- Assist in preparation and dissemination of marketing materials prior to client meeting and post- meeting follow-up.
- Support the due diligence and onboarding processes of new investors.
- Maintain on-going relationships with existing investors, including responding to queries and managing reporting requirements.
- Deliver high quality content and counsel about HPS’ investment capabilities.
- College degree or above with excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Mandarin Chinese (additional Asian language a plus).
- Has a minimum of 3 years of working experience in reputable financial institutions/ alternative investment managers.
- Understanding of private investments (private equity/ private credit).
- Attention to details.
- Ability to work independently and is a self-starter.
- Highly effective problem-solving skills.
- Some travel may be required.
- Hong Kong
- M-T in Hong Kong office, F work from home
HPS Investment Partners is an equal opportunity employer. HPS does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, national origin, colour, religion, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, ancestry, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital and civil partnership/union status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other characteristic protected by legislation.