Want to join a global leading, ground-breaking company that has been recognised by industry leaders! Then look no further! Here at KLA, we invent, develop and manufacture high-tech capital equipment for the global semiconductor markets.
Purpose of the role
We are calling for innovative and curious apprentices to join the 3-year Apprenticeship in our Manufacturing/Operations Department. In this program you will develop your skills in build, test, and decom: you will become familiar with the assembly and final test processes of KLA’ products.
You will be integrated into the Manufacturing Team and continue your development supported by your KLA mentor! As an apprentice you will receive a shift allowance when working an early shift (6am-2pm) and late shift (2pm-10pm) on alternative weeks whilst also attending college one day per week.
As a Manufacturing Apprentice on-the-job training and role responsibilities will include:
- Mechanical/Electrical assembly, wiring and fault finding in our tools
- Operation and process engineering
- Carrying out site maintenance and cleanroom support.
- Leading and assisting with continuous improvement projects
- Successful completion of NVQ log book entries by the required timelines and a BTEC and HNC qualification in Electronics
We are looking for results-oriented individuals who are passionate about learning and developing a successful career within KLA. The successful candidate must:
- Work to tight timescales
- Demonstrate problem solving/trouble-shooting skills
- Be a standout team-member, who is flexible on working as a part of a group, but also on their own initiative
- Demonstrate good communication capabilities
- Be computer literate
- Be self-motivated
What we will offer you?
KLA’s benefits package includes: Annual leave starting at 25 days (plus bank holidays), contributory pension scheme, cash health plan, cycle to work scheme, global bonus plan, share scheme, rewards scheme, life assurance, generous shift allowance and overtime premiums.
- First year of BTEC or similar course in electronics/electrical engineering that allows entry to BTEC year 2 on day release.
- Five GCSE’s including Maths, English, & Science at grade C or above.
As part our selection process we are working with a local college in South Wales that will assist with assessments in the recruiting process.
We offer a competitive, family friendly total rewards package. We design our programs to reflect our commitment to an inclusive environment, while ensuring we provide benefits that meet the diverse needs of our employees.
KLA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer