Field Service Engineer
The Global Service Support Organization (GSS) team headquartered in Milpitas, CA is our service organization that consists of Service Sales and Marketing, Spares Supply Chain management, Field Operations, Engineering, Product Training, and Technical Support. The GSS organization partners with our field teams and customers in all business sectors to maintain the high performance and productivity of our products through a flexible portfolio of services. Our comprehensive services include: proactive management of tools to identify and improve performance; expertise in optics, image processing and motion control with worldwide service engineers, 24/7 technical support teams and knowledge management systems; and an extensive parts network to ensure worldwide availability of parts.
We are looking for a Field Service Engineer to support our customers with current and future installed tools at customer sites. This role will support customers based in France, Italy and other European countries.
- Perform installations, preventative maintenance, and remedial repair maintenance on complex electro-mechanical semiconductor capital equipment at global customer locations.
- Create and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction through strong customer service skills.
- Develop action plans for problem resolution and present to internal and external customers.
- Develop improvements for processes, hardware, and software for continuous improvement of company’s equipment and business operation.
- Work closely with sales team and complete a facility detail form for new systems to ensure KLA equipment complies with assigned location/space requirements at FAB.
- Complete detailed Field Service Reports and submit to management in a timely manner.
- Document issues that cannot immediately be resolved at customer site by using appropriate format.
Skills and experience
- Experience in a field service/customer support engineer role with experience of sophisticated, complex precision equipment.
- Experience in troubleshooting techniques in repairing complex microprocessor controlled electro-mechanical systems.
- Well-able to read and interpret electronic/electro-mechanical schematics and drawings.
- Outstanding and professional customer service skills.
- Knowledge in any of the following areas is desirable: Experience working in a FAB facility, closed loop communications control, electro-mechanical controls or microprocessor-based controllers, chemical handling including acids, FAB safety requirements or practices.
- Fluent in English and French language.
- Full driver’s license
- International and domestic travel required for training and work at customer sites.
What we offer
Dynamic opportunity and growth potential in the Semiconductor Industry.
A competitive, family friendly total rewards package.
Variable compensation components, e.g. participation in company stock purchase plan.
Company car or car allowance.
30 days of vacation.
- Bachelor's Level Degree in Chemical, Electrical, electronic or mechanical engineering or hold an equivalent level of experience.
We offer a competitive, family friendly total rewards package. We design our programs to reflect our commitment to an inclusive environment, while ensuring we provide benefits that meet the diverse needs of our employees.
KLA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer