Company OverviewKLA is a global leader in diversified electronics for the semiconductor manufacturing ecosystem. Virtually every electronic device in the world is produced using our technologies. No laptop, smartphone, wearable device, voice-controlled gadget, flexible screen, VR device or smart car would have made it into your hands without us. KLA invents systems and solutions for the manufacturing of wafers and reticles, integrated circuits, packaging, printed circuit boards and flat panel displays. The innovative ideas and devices that are advancing humanity all begin with inspiration, research and development. KLA focuses more than average on innovation and we invest 15% of sales back into R&D. Our expert teams of physicists, engineers, data scientists and problem-solvers work together with the world’s leading technology providers to accelerate the delivery of tomorrow’s electronic devices. Life here is exciting and our teams thrive on tackling really hard problems. There is never a dull moment with us.
Group/DivisionKLA has manufacturing sites across the globe, including Belgium, China, Germany, Israel, Singapore and Milpitas (CA). The Global Operations (GOPS) team, comprised of Manufacturing, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing Engineering, Installation, and Quality, is responsible for manufacturing our leading-edge technology. We partner with our world-wide supply base and our design engineering teams to bring new products to market. The GOPS team is continuously working to build our products Better, Faster, Cheaper.
Job Description/Preferred Qualifications
- Purchase direct materials, components and equipment as driven by MRP system or Re-order Point system
- Review and analyze planning report to ensure timely materials availability for production
- Drive Gross Margin Improvements through negotiations or localization with supplier on pricing, rework cost and minimizing expediting cost and purchase price variance
- Responsible for materials lead time reduction by getting suppliers to improve cycle time, negotiating on hedges and VMI program.
- Ensure timely PO execution and address supplier’s quality, capacity, materials issues that may affect supply
- Connect with suppliers for early or delayed deliveries as the need arises, drive suppliers to meet on time delivery
- Active participation on business review with suppliers and provide constructive feedback to help suppliers to improve their scores
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of claims from suppliers on ECO and EOM projects.
- Lead EOL materials, Last Time Buys and work with engineering on alternatives
- Timely review and complete ECN and ECO changes so that production is not affected.
- Develop actions to minimize excess inventory. Work with Inventory Analyst by providing recommendation during quarterly E&ND review. Follow through the action proposed.
- Aim to improve inventory turns by having quick execution on MRB and quick returns on RTV.
- Quarterly review of safety stock to ensure an efficient balance of supply vs inventory turns.
Master's Level Degree and related work experience of 3 years; Bachelor's Level Degree and related work experience of 5 years
The company offers a total rewards package that is competitive and comprehensive including but not limited to the following: medical, dental, vision, life, and other voluntary benefits, 401(K) including company matching, employee stock purchase program (ESPP), student debt assistance, tuition reimbursement program, development and career growth opportunities and programs, financial planning benefits, wellness benefits including an employee assistance program (EAP), paid time off and paid company holidays, and family care and bonding leave.