Writer, Tech 2
• Responsible for developing technical/User documentation for customers and service engineers.
• Creates, develops, plans, writes, and edits User's Manual, Upgrade Procedure, Service Procedures, Site Prep, and Safety Manuals.
• Conducts interviews with various users and technical/engineering/product staff to gather data for documentation. Interfaces with functional organizations to develop content for the procedures. Researches and converts technical information into manual and/or web-based documents for non-technical and technical users. Conducts review meetings and discussions independently with engineering and technical staff.
• Support testing and validation of new procedures and methods. Improves steps and develop new content if needed.
• Follows documentation best practices, formats and templates. Learns new software, tools and techniques for high quality documentation. Produces products that conform to the company documentation and quality assurance standards. Recommends formats responsive to technical and customer requirements.
• Exerts good project management skills on the assigned projects, conducts reviews with stakeholders, provides regular updates to the stakeholders and functional groups; assesses risks and actions; assesses efforts, time and resource requirements; resourceful to drive actions or seek actions; maintains action trackers and project documentation.
• Involves stakeholders from various departments and assess the need to update documentation. Monitors the errors, mistakes, changes requested and implements the changes in the documentation quickly.
• Strives to develop and maintain high technical skills. Participates in technical activities to maintain technical skills on the assigned product.
• Independently makes decisions with minimal or no support from direct or indirect managers, leverages people from functional groups, subject matter experts and stakeholders to drive collective decisions.
• Works efficiently and effectively in matrix environment with multiple direct and indirect managers. Comfortably execute to expectations of multiple stakeholders with conflicting requirements and drive consensus, boundaries and clarity where needed.
• Uses standard error-free English understood across the world. Displays high proficiency in English writing for technical and non-technical audiences. Translates complex content of procedure/documents to a level and language most appropriate to the target audience. Applies other writing best practices to produce high quality, easy to understand documents/procedures.
* Bachelors/Masters in Engineering/Physics/Mathematics
* Excellent communication skills
* 2-3 years of prior experience with software documentation with a multinational company
* Strong skills/proficiency in using MS Word and Oxygen XML documentation editors. Knowledge about other industry standards, software or tools for documentation will be a plus.
* Ability to track tasks, actions and provide regular updates. Ability to create and maintain tasks and documentation trackers. Good MS Excel skills required.
• Flexibility to adjust in work times to work with remote and local teams, ability to work with stakeholders across different geographies, able to conduct online meetings in different time zones and work comfortably with members of team from different cultures.
• Open to supporting any technical or project assignment assigned by management when needed and flexibility to travel when required for business.
• Applicant must demonstrate a very high level of motivation, openness, flexibility and willingness to push own boundaries for development into a complimentary role such as trainer or any similar technical role, if required.
We offer a competitive, family friendly total rewards package. We design our programs to reflect our commitment to an inclusive environment, while ensuring we provide benefits that meet the diverse needs of our employees.
KLA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer