Engr, Apps Dev 3
Responsible for providing high level applications support of KLA FaST metrology products.
Job responsibilities include:
- Work closely with many organizations including engineering, sales and marketing within KLA and with customer engineers outside KLA;
- Conduct new product introduction projects, e.g. product characterization, alpha testing, beta testing and pilot tool support in the ramp phase;
- Provide escalation support to onsite field service engineer; leading and coordinating remote/local troubleshooting;
- Perform experiments to characterize tool/subcomponent performance and develop recipes to model complex optical applications;
- Provide application support and training to customers. Applications engineer is also responsible for generating best known method (BKM) documents and other training materials and transferring product knowledge to worldwide Field Applications team. Lastly, he/she will work closely with customers to develop solutions to problems, and publish papers at industry symposiums or in technical journals;
- In addition, applications engineer will manage in-house customer demonstrations and head-to-head (H2H) activities at customer facilities.
- Must have MS/PhD in Engineering, Physics, Optics, Material Science or related fields and strong technical background;
- Preferred work experiences in semiconductor processing or equipment industry;
- Must have excellent communication, organizational, analytical, leadership, and interpersonal skills;
- Must be self-driven, and a strong team player;
- >50% travel would be required.
We offer a competitive, family friendly total rewards package. We design our programs to reflect our commitment to an inclusive environment, while ensuring we provide benefits that meet the diverse needs of our employees.
KLA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer