Korea Regional Product Marketing Specialist
Primary Purpose of Role
The Korea Regional Product Manager (RPM), as part of the broader Product Management team in the UK, will be heavily involved in supporting Etch, CVD, PVD and ECD systems sales and assisting the UK team in various technical aspects of the sales process. Starting with qualifying Korea sales opportunities, the RPM will be answering questions from the sales team/customer, helping the UK to respond to customer specifications and visiting customer sites to progress the sales prospect.
At KLA, we are working in a fast growing and highly competitive market, and we are constantly striving to improve our product performance for our customers! This is especially true for the wafer processing equipment from the UK SPTS Division. Across the multiple product types (Etch CVD, PVD & ECD) there are numerous competitors of varying sizes, across multiple markets and with varying market share.
As a Product Manager, you will also assist the account teams providing updates on product development, market trends and acting as the Korea customer representative in manufacturing-based work.
There will also be opportunities to attend (virtual or in person) trade shows, technical conferences and to present technical papers.
This position will involve extensive regional travel and occasional travel to other Asia countries and to the UK campus.
***SPTS, division of KLA, is proud to be an inclusive and diverse employer. To enhance our diverse workforce and business growth we offer a flexible working environment, please let us know how we can support your needs - full time, part time, job share, flexible hours***
Key Responsibilities & Areas of Involvement
- Work with the UK Product Managers to decide whether to go for certain business in Asia based on knowledge of the application, the competitive and commercial situation and strategic value.
- Visiting customers to progress opportunities through discussion and presentation.
- Assisting with purchasing specifications and providing inputs to the Contract Managers for accurate quoting.
- Building key relationships with customers, suppliers and analysts.
- Discuss customer demonstration requirements in detail with the customer and the business units.
- Assist the Product Managers and Competitive Intelligence Manager in maintaining a competitor database through learning about our competitors’ products in terms of specifications, pricing, development plans etc.
- Develop an understanding of Korea markets and trends using knowledge gained from customers, suppliers, analysts (including our own Market Analyst), conference papers, internet research, etc.
Knowledge of some of the following would be advantageous:
- How semiconductors are manufactured.
- Processing of semiconductors (Etch, CVD, PVD, ECD in particular).
- Semiconductor device packaging.
- The business of semiconductor manufacture.
- Fluent in English and Korean.
- A self-starter with a proactive approach.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Able to build and be a great partner with customers.
- Calm under pressure and when working to tight deadlines.
- Able to work across regions, departments and all levels of the company.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and presentational.
- Open, co-operative, empathetic.
- Degree qualified in a technology field.
- Proven experience of wafer processing gained either at an equipment vendor or a wafer fab.
Degree qualified in a technology field.
We offer a competitive, family friendly total rewards package. We design our programs to reflect our commitment to an inclusive environment, while ensuring we provide benefits that meet the diverse needs of our employees.
KLA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer