Company OverviewKLA is a global leader in diversified electronics for the semiconductor manufacturing ecosystem. Virtually every electronic device in the world is produced using our technologies. No laptop, smartphone, wearable device, voice-controlled gadget, flexible screen, VR device or smart car would have made it into your hands without us. KLA invents systems and solutions for the manufacturing of wafers and reticles, integrated circuits, packaging, printed circuit boards and flat panel displays. The innovative ideas and devices that are advancing humanity all begin with inspiration, research and development. KLA focuses more than average on innovation and we invest 15% of sales back into R&D. Our expert teams of physicists, engineers, data scientists and problem-solvers work together with the world’s leading technology providers to accelerate the delivery of tomorrow’s electronic devices. Life here is exciting and our teams thrive on tackling really hard problems. There is never a dull moment with us.
Job Description/Preferred Qualifications
KLA is seeking a motivated individual to join the Flashscan algorithm team, part of our world-class AI and Modeling Center of Excellence, based in Chennai, India. This individual will utilize his or her skills in image processing, optics, and machine learning to develop modeling algorithms to be integrated into KLA’s Flashscan reticle inspection platform. Responsibilities of this position include:
- Design, develop and implement groundbreaking computer vision and image processing algorithms
- Rapid prototype and validate new machine learning, deep learning, and image processing algorithms
- Develop end-to-end solutions that are holistic taking into account the system, imaging pipeline, the user experience and the end application requirement
- Work in a highly multi-functional organization to drive systems integration of algorithms.
- Write robust production quality code.
- Bring forward and drive creative ideas, develop production code, and provide support as needed.
- Own prototype to production of algorithms. Support existing algorithms and resolve customer escalations.
- MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Mathematics, Physics, or related field, with 2+ years of relevant work experience.
- Strong background in one or more of the following areas: Machine Learning, deep learning, computer vision, computational imaging, or image processing
- Proficiency in C/C++, Python and object-oriented design
- Ability to formulate problems into mathematical equations.
- Great teammate with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel worldwide to support demos and projects at customer sites.
What will differentiate you
- Strong fundamentals in low level image processing algorithms
- Appreciation of complex image acquisition systems
Minimum QualificationsDoctorate (Academic) Degree and 0 years related work experience; Master's Level Degree and related work experience of 3 years; Bachelor's Level Degree and related work experience of 5 years
The company offers a total rewards package that is competitive and comprehensive including but not limited to the following: medical, dental, vision, life, and other voluntary benefits, 401(K) including company matching, employee stock purchase program (ESPP), student debt assistance, tuition reimbursement program, development and career growth opportunities and programs, financial planning benefits, wellness benefits including an employee assistance program (EAP), paid time off and paid company holidays, and family care and bonding leave.
KLA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by applicable law. We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.