Sr. Software Engineer - Machine Control
Company OverviewKLA is a global leader in diversified electronics for the semiconductor manufacturing ecosystem. Virtually every electronic device in the world is produced using our technologies. No laptop, smartphone, wearable device, voice-controlled gadget, flexible screen, VR device or smart car would have made it into your hands without us. KLA invents systems and solutions for the manufacturing of wafers and reticles, integrated circuits, packaging, printed circuit boards and flat panel displays. The innovative ideas and devices that are advancing humanity all begin with inspiration, research and development. KLA focuses more than average on innovation and we invest 15% of sales back into R&D. Our expert teams of physicists, engineers, data scientists and problem-solvers work together with the world’s leading technology providers to accelerate the delivery of tomorrow’s electronic devices. Life here is exciting and our teams thrive on tackling really hard problems. There is never a dull moment with us.
Job Description/Preferred Qualifications
As a senior member of the system software engineering group, you will handle software development and maintenance of on-tool, back-end software. Our software is deployed on sophisticated equipment in the production of groundbreaking semiconductor chips! The software functions such as control of the machine, as well as diagnostics and calibrations. You will work with different teams to develop software for our industry leading inspection products!
You need to demonstrate the following:
- Have validated experience in one of the following areas: Instrument Control SW (Robotics, Optics, MEMS), Image Processing, Image Computing.
- Experience with highly scalable software systems.
- Deep conceptual understanding of multi-threaded, multi process and distributed software systems.
- Previous technical lead experience is a required.
We Need to See:
- Experience in mentoring and growing junior engineers from the standpoint of quality of design and coding.
- Object Oriented Design & Programming in Java, C# or C++
- Distributed systems
- Scripting languages like Python
- Data Structures and algorithms
- Interface protocols for cross language software (example: CORBA, Apache Thrift, gRPC)
- Asynch programming in Java, C++ or C+
- Design, development, testing and roll out of software solutions that improve the capabilities of the KLA inspection machines.
- Communicate efficiently to work with several hardware and software interdisciplinary teams to familiarize yourself with the system/marketing requirements and to map them to software requirements and design.
- Develop deep understanding of how the system works and be able to provide software solutions for critical customer gaps or issues.
- Develop and evaluate concepts and designs for the next generation systems by conducting trade-off studies, identifying risk items and suggest mitigation plans.
- Work in a geographically distributed team to develop and deliver software solutions.
- This is a fast-paced environment where communication and collaboration with a large variety of team members (geographically distributed, and different functional areas) is required to map out a software solution. Building positive relationships to help understand requirements and system design is needed.
Minimum QualificationsDoctorate (Academic) Degree and related work experience of 3 years; Master's Level Degree and related work experience of 6 years; Bachelor's Level Degree and related work experience of 8 years
The company offers a total rewards package that is competitive and comprehensive including but not limited to the following: medical, dental, vision, life, and other voluntary benefits, 401(K) including company matching, employee stock purchase program (ESPP), student debt assistance, tuition reimbursement program, development and career growth opportunities and programs, financial planning benefits, wellness benefits including an employee assistance program (EAP), paid time off and paid company holidays, and family care and bonding leave.
KLA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by applicable law. We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.