Applications Development Engineer - SurfScan
Company OverviewKLA is a global leader in diversified electronics for the semiconductor manufacturing ecosystem. Virtually every electronic device in the world is produced using our technologies. No laptop, smartphone, wearable device, voice-controlled gadget, flexible screen, VR device or smart car would have made it into your hands without us. KLA invents systems and solutions for the manufacturing of wafers and reticles, integrated circuits, packaging, printed circuit boards and flat panel displays. The innovative ideas and devices that are advancing humanity all begin with inspiration, research and development. KLA focuses more than average on innovation and we invest 15% of sales back into R&D. Our expert teams of physicists, engineers, data scientists and problem-solvers work together with the world’s leading technology providers to accelerate the delivery of tomorrow’s electronic devices. Life here is exciting and our teams thrive on tackling really hard problems. There is never a dull moment with us.
Group/DivisionWith over 40 years of semiconductor process control experience, chipmakers around the globe rely on KLA to ensure that their fabs ramp next-generation devices to volume production quickly and cost-effectively. Enabling the movement towards advanced chip design, KLA's Global Products Group (GPG), which is responsible for creating all of KLA’s metrology and inspection products, is looking for the best and the brightest research scientist, software engineers, application development engineers, and senior product technology process engineers. The Surfscan group includes a team of engineers, technology development, apps engineers and product marketing focused on technology that enables wafer, IC and equipment manufacturers to develop, qualify and monitor their process tools. Defects and process non-uniformities detected on Surfscan equipment allow for early identification of yield excursions. The flagship Surfscan products include the SPx platforms for wafer surface quality and wafer defect inspection tools and systems for inspection of polished wafers, epi wafers and engineered substrates during the wafer fabrication process.
Job Description/Preferred Qualifications
Following standard procedures, provide applications development support to Surfscan SPx products:
• Develop test cases; characterize customers defects, new products and/or features.
• Provide technical support in the development and implementation of customer applications dealing with SurfScan products and features.
• Provide specific product demonstrations on all aspects of highly complex products to customers and assess potential applications to meet customer needs; prepare detailed product specifications.
• The candidate will also be required to work towards characterization of the tool/algorithm performance and for providing clear feedback to the Engineering teams for product improvement, especially during Alpha/Beta tests.
• Candidate must have Master’s or bachelor's degree in Engineering, Physics, Material Science, or related fields.
• Around 70% international/ domestic travel may be required.
• Strong technical skills are required to understand the functionality and capabilities of these tools and for providing root cause analysis and potential solutions for customers.
• Have excellent oral and written communication, organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently.
• The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of semiconductor manufacturing
Master's Level Degree and 0 years related work experience; Bachelor's Level Degree and related work experience of 3 years
The company offers a total rewards package that is competitive and comprehensive including but not limited to the following: medical, dental, vision, life, and other voluntary benefits, 401(K) including company matching, employee stock purchase program (ESPP), student debt assistance, tuition reimbursement program, development and career growth opportunities and programs, financial planning benefits, wellness benefits including an employee assistance program (EAP), paid time off and paid company holidays, and family care and bonding leave.
KLA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by applicable law. We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.